• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Mac Users Needed for Map Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
The Adventures of Rowan the Wise

Mac Map Testers Wanted

I am currently looking for eager users who own a Mac to test the map attached to this post.

I have received numerous feedback concerning a crashing bug that occurs throughout The Adventures of Rowan the Wise. This crash was due to the icons I had used in the campaign.

I wish to update the campaign within the next month or so, and I have made the adjustments suggested that should fix the crashing problem. However, because I don't own a Mac, I need someone who does to test it for me.

FOR MAC USERS:

All you need to do is simple: Download the map attached to this post, test it (by clicking on every hero and using their abilities), and then inform me if the map crashed or not.

Inform me of your findings as soon as you can.

Last edited:
Level 31
Tested on my mac and it works without any crashes.

Just note that this crash applies to any texture (not just icons), so you may want to check any skins or BLP files you use. ;)

Hi PurgeandFire,

Thanks for testing the map for me :)

I am led to believe that it was only the icons I was having trouble with since I created different versions of them using a program called Button Manager. Regardless, thank you very much.

^Yep. But you can modify the settings of button manager to convert them properly. For icons, you want a mip map of 7 if you use JPEG compression. If you use paletted, you can have any number of mip maps. (for BLP's with other dimensions, the suggested mip map count is different [see BLP1 and Macs in my sig for more info])

Anyway, I'm glad it works Turnro. Good luck on your campaign, and I'm happy that you're putting in the effort to make it work on macs. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.