• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mac problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So it seems that on the three macs that I have I've downloaded the map multiple times and hosted games, and it seems that I have a different version than PC people. It is very strange. Not to mention I have a health bar plastered on my screen.

Last edited:
Level 3
So it's not just me!! I've been suffering from this problem for a long time, and with a map of this size, it's absolutely ridiculous to wait for people to DL over and over - time consuming and frustrating!

I don't suffer from the health bar issue, but I would thoroughly enjoy the same, yet different map versions issue being fixed if possible!

Level 10
Well perhaps I can shed light on the Health Bar issue. When you go in game and press F10 under options there should be a check box for something along the lines of "always show health bars' This may be checked for you and as a result you are always seeing the health bars. If you usually have it off then maybe it is something about your version that is making it turn on.

As for the Mac issue, I'm not sure how the map itself could be different for mac pcs compared to pcs since it is the same wc3 map. I know for a fact that there is a way to load up Windows on Macs, so perhaps just run windows instead on the mac to avoid the frustration of the constant downloading for people until the issue is resolved.

Level 3
I don't know why you guys have to download the map again and again. Maybe some problem with the file-structure of macs.
Then, I do not know anything about macs, so I think we can not help you there. I hope the next version works better for you.

It's not myself that has to DL again and again, it is other people.

I'll explain:

New version comes out - two people go and download it. One has a mac (If that is in fact the issue) and the other has a PC. The guy with the mac, being the smart, intelligent, sensible (For buying a mac obviously) guy volunteers to host. He hosts the game, the PC man joins, and begins DL'ing. Both guys go "wtf..?!" cuz' they just DL'd the same version from the same site! Regardless, they wait, PC guy finishes, and they start.

They to re-host for whatever reason. Mac guy hosts again, PC guy does NOT have to DL. Before they start, another PC guy joins - DL'd from same website, same version, he has to DL. They wait for him, then start.

Once again, they re-host for whatever reason, and the 1st PC guy says.. "I'll just host to solve the issue!" So he does, and neither Mac guy or 2nd PC guy has to DL. Another Mac guy joins (Same conditions as 2nd PC guy) and does not have to DL.

Hope you enjoyed the story-version of the issue :p! I just started and kept rolling with it!

Level 3
because i'm not about to buy parallels or buy a windows system just so i can play one map
:thumbs_up:

Amen! Why compromise our thus-far relatively virus-free OS by splitting and running Windows?

Personally I'm not mad you can't fix it Zwieb, but no harm done in asking, right? SC2 comes out in a few months anywayz!

Status
Not open for further replies.