• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Luke Ch01 co-op Camp v11

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Forsaken
Will

Luke Valonforth before meeting with Arthas v11
Created by Willya

Map Info:

The protagonist of this map is the captain Valonforth, friend of Arthas from the game Warcraft 3 campaign of the Alliance. The plot develops in the weeks before their meeting. Lord Uther ordered a rescue operation to save the peasants from the orcs.

Features:

• Map for two players
  • Performed in the style of Warcraft 3 campaign - from Blizzard
  • Several options for passing
  • A choice of what to do
  • One ending
  • Voice in Russian
  • English and Russian subtitles
  • You can play as one, and another.

Some else stuff about map:
No import, except for voice.

The map is made on the basis of landscape by Forsaken. His map name: "Lordaeron Farms Template"

Screenshots and Videos:

mScku3tY-H4.jpg

tyc1UUbAx7s.jpg

5KSQkqD9J7s.jpg

2BN8pN_m7Fg.jpg

Soon

Credits:

Autor of the map:
Will (Willya on hiveworkshop)

The main landscape made:
Forsaken

His map: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/lordaeron-farms-template-241087/?prev=search%3Dlordaeron%2520template%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

Eujin - Gar Rudinov
Will - All

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Luke, Valonforth, Gar, Rudinov, Will, Campaign, Arthas, quest
Contents

Luke Ch01 co-op Camp v11 (Map)

Reviews
Rejected and awaiting deletion on authors request. [2016-04-09] Update Note Note So we tried the map again. I was player two, and initially had no control of any units, which was confusing. You could have stated that I would control units later...

M

Rejected and awaiting deletion on authors request.

[2016-04-09]
profilepic210991_9.gif
Update Note

storywritingart.gif
Note
So we tried the map again. I was player two, and initially had no control of any units, which was confusing. You could have stated that I would control units later. The cinematics are moving way too quick. Half a second on each sentace. Also, it had invisible barriers blocking our path. You could have added destructable doodads instead, as this feels like a bug as it is just now. I also suggest you change the lightning effect, as it was pretty strange. Set it to only half a second of "fade in" and it should look fine.

Since this is supposed to be a translated map, there is no need for the old messages in another language to be there still. Those should be removed with the next update.

Another note is that you just uploaded the night elf campaign. This is not against the rules, but it generally causes maps to have lower quality as the authors focus is split over many projects on the same time. I suggest you focus on one project at a time.

I need you to test the campaign yourself before uploading it to the Hive again. If I find any game-breaking bugs on my next playthrough I will reject this map.

Status has been set to Awaiting Update.

12:30, 8th Apr 2016
Rufus:
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Moderation Note

storywritingart.gif
Note:
This map does not follow the Map Submission Rules, as its voice actiing is not in english. You need to either remove it or change it into english in order to get this map aproved.

I played this in multiplayer as you are supposed to do, but we both got disconnected after the first cinematic finished. We restarted and rehosted the map in order to check if it had something to do with internet issues, but we got disconnected at the same spot again, meaning this have to be your map kicking us out.

Status set to Awaiting Update.

Level 23
Oh, nice to see my template as a Map xP
I've played and I think it's really nice, but I was not able to finish because of the quests, I had no idea of what to do. LOL
there is few things that could be improved:
- The hero spells, you should change the description, because didn't show anything here, and the rules says it must be in english.
- The same for the quests, use english, I was somewhat lost during some parts.
- Add a sky

This what I found of what I've played.

Level 26
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Moderation Note

storywritingart.gif
Note:
This map does not follow the Map Submission Rules, as its voice actiing is not in english. You need to either remove it or change it into english in order to get this map aproved.

I played this in multiplayer as you are supposed to do, but we both got disconnected after the first cinematic finished. We restarted and rehosted the map in order to check if it had something to do with internet issues, but we got disconnected at the same spot again, meaning this have to be your map kicking us out.

Level 3
Guys, I originally made this map only for the Russian audience. I will try in the near future better adapt it.
Soon will come the second chapter, which will be able to select the language.

Level 3
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Moderation Note

storywritingart.gif
Note:

I don't know what could be the case here. Perhaps it throws because of the presence of the Russian language. I will try to solve the problem.

Level 3
Good. Just too many problems in such a short time.

PS
If you are already downloaded this map, download again plz. When I delete the sounds - all transmissions were established to "0". I were to manually specify values.

Level 26
profilepic210991_9.gif
Update Note

storywritingart.gif
Note
So we tried the map again. I was player two, and initially had no control of any units, which was confusing. You could have stated that I would control units later. The cinematics are moving way too quick. Half a second on each sentace. Also, it had invisible barriers blocking our path. You could have added destructable doodads instead, as this feels like a bug as it is just now. I also suggest you change the lightning effect, as it was pretty strange. Set it to only half a second of "fade in" and it should look fine.

Since this is supposed to be a translated map, there is no need for the old messages in another language to be there still. Those should be removed with the next update.

Another note is that you just uploaded the night elf campaign. This is not against the rules, but it generally causes maps to have lower quality as the authors focus is split over many projects on the same time. I suggest you focus on one project at a time.

I need you to test the campaign yourself before uploading it to the Hive again. If I find any game-breaking bugs on my next playthrough I will reject this map.

Status has been set to Awaiting Update.

Level 3
Okay, I did as you said.

This project I did for a long time. But I had forgotten that I recently lost the latest version of this map, and I uploaded the backup. Because there contain many bugs. Now, the bugs shouldn't be.

Oh, nice to see my template as a Map xP
I've played and I think it's really nice, but I was not able to finish because of the quests, I had no idea of what to do. LOL
there is few things that could be improved:
- The hero spells, you should change the description, because didn't show anything here, and the rules says it must be in english.
- The same for the quests, use english, I was somewhat lost during some parts.
- Add a sky

This what I found of what I've played.
I fixed all that you have listed here. The sky, I decided to remove only the beginning, for a night effect.

Last edited:
Level 3
Yes, I have corrected all the errors that you mentioned. During this time, I have made 11 version with small corrections. I have another question. If in the future I shall want upgrade the map, for example, to add the English voice acting, it also will be inspected?

Level 26
If the map is approved after this next time with a rating of at least 3/5, it will take a long time until I take another look on it, since I focus mainly on pending section maps. If it does not get approved this time, it will take a pretty long time since I have checked this map out three times already in a very short time. Usually, when I submitted maps, I had to wait several months for an updated moderators comment.

You should know, that a reviewer or a map moderator are not testers, so you can't expect us to take such frquent look at your maps. We are gatekeepers, that are supposed to keep the approved section clear.

If you get a lot of user reviews putting the map higher than my rating, I will take another look on it.

Considering all this above, would you like me to check out the map now, or would you llike to improve it further first?

Level 3
you know ... I probably will make the second chapter of this company. I have an idea.
I will add it to the "Packs" section. you can delete this map. don't worry for the description, I saved it. Sorry for disturbing. :)

I just remembered that you told what I can't add maps one by one. : D