• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Lost Game that I made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have the map file but 2 maps have been unable to open when I have them in my custom games folder. Does anyone know the reason why? Like the file still exists but it doesn't show on warcraft 3 or allow me to open them on world editor.

edit if the solution is to get an older patch of wc3 how to do that?

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Maps not showing up can be due to the file name or combined file path being too long.

It can also be that the archive or files within are so corrupt that Warcraft III cannot parse anything from the map.

It usually is not a sign of a scripting error. As that should still let the game show up but just with a broken (no player) lobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.