1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

SaveGameCacheBJ – Trigger function does not exist in database

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Rui, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Problem

Many of you who have campaigns under progress, or have tried to open an old campaign recently, might have noticed the Warcraft III World Editor now crashes upon loading with the following error:

Causes

This happens because Blizzard seems to have accidentally deleted the trigger action «Game Cache - Save» when implementing hashtables (since these were introduced on patch 1.24, those who have not yet upgraded to the latest patch will not run into the error mentioned above).

It seems the file that lists all the GUI triggers no longer recognizes «Save Game Cache» as a valid action, thus making you unable to open up the maps.

Solutions

The items below are NOT steps to be followed by order. Each of them are possible solutions for the problem previously described.

• Use World Editor Unlimited (WEU) to open the campaign. WEU is an add-on to the ordinary World Editor and does NOT limit your access to the normal World Editor, so you will still be able to access it after installation.
      After opening up WEU, load your campaign and the maps that use the «Save Game Cache» action, and delete these actions. After that, the regular World Editor should be happy about loading the campaign.

• Use WinMPQ (or another MPQ tool) to extract, from Patch.mpq, a file called TriggerData.txt (find UI/TriggerData.txt). Open it in your favorite text editor. Go down to "// Game Cache Actions" and add the following under it:
      Save the file. Make sure you're saving it as just plain text. Open up your Warcraft III folder, and create a new folder called UI if it doesn't exist already. Move your edited TriggerData.txt to that folder. If a file with the same name exists already, you might want to back it up instead of overwriting.
      Thanks to RazorclawX, from Campaign Creations, for supplying this information.

• Switch back to version 1.23, load up your map, remove all game cache triggers and export the trigger data (open the Trigger Editor, click «File» on the upper tab and then «Export Triggers»). Close your map without saving, upgrade to patch 1.24, open up the map on WinMPQ, remove a file called war3map.wtg, and close WinMPQ. Open up the World Editor and your map, and import back the triggers (Trigger Editor, «File», «Import Triggers»). {»Wc3C source}

Additional notes

If you have got another solution for this problem, please post in this thread and describe it with exactitude and accuracy.

EDIT: Since the thread auto-closing system has already locked this thread, please send me a private message to report a new solution or an error in the information here given.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  2. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    no need to remove all game cache triggers only the savegame cache GUI is removed.... if you want to maintain the savegame cache just use the custom script SaveGameCacheBJ()... just wrote this though I think most of people knows about this already because its not in the post...

3. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, I suppose we can state that you don't need the entire game cache triggers removed. I think I meant to modify that little part earlier.
    About the script trick, I'm not sure. When your triggers are compiled, they are already turned into JASS. If that function is missing, writing it in code won't help, most likely.

4. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    The script works, I tried it already and I learned it from Dr. Super Good.

5. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Update! RazorclawX has replied back to me on how to extract and edit the trigger listing file. Read solution 2.