• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Re-installation Missing Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey, kind of mildly freaking out right now. I've been using an older version of Warcraft III to make custom maps and I've just purchased a digital copy of the game. Before Re-installing, I cut and pasted my old Warcraft III program folder to a different location, thinking it would copy all of my maps. Before re-installing, the files were there before but with a lock over them and for some reason were only visible when opening files with the World Editor. Now when I open the World Editor my old custom maps don't appear in the pasted folder, and I can't see them while looking through files normally. I've tried making Windows show hidden files. Any help with this? I was thinking of doing System Restore to see if that would help.

Last edited:
Level 6
Still nothing. It's odd, almost like the editor never actually saved it to my hard-drive. The folders I made to organize them are still there in the pasted version and they're reading as 0 kb. Does Warcraft III delete all the custom files when you install it?

Level 24
if you use windows, the files might still be saved in the pc's memory.
Just go to your war3 folder and right click on maps.
go to properties and then to the tab "Previous Versions" (Might have a slightly different name)
Then you get a list of the storage of that map. Double click on one of them and if that one has your maps, you can copy and paste them to your current hard drive.

I don't know about the lock on the maps but that could be figgured out when you have retrieved your maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.