• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Lords of Asherleague

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I couldn't just go away...
Really, nothing gives me the satisfaction of warcraft 3 map making. NOTHING.
and i'm back, i spent a week improving an old map of mine.
Veramarth : Lords of Asherleague:grin:

Intrested in helping? http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/project-recruitment-256/next-generation-hero-defence-270257/

I don't care if warcraft 3 doesn't exist anymore,
I don't care if there is no one here to play it
I'll keep making this for my own heart till the day i die.
Me, my maps and my lap top. cuz it feels RIGHT.

Anyways! enough with the bull****! Here is my map, i put it up for a try. if anyone feels like it to play it please do tell me if i made any improvements ;)

"the map is basically a hero defense with extreme hero mechanics and Anything you could possibly want in a map : Upgradeable items, stat related abilities , lots of RNG elements, scales enemies with difficulties and number of players, etc. "

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/6amwy2/_files/Veramarth LoA V.0.1.2.w3x

Very early stages expect huge changes and screenshots!

I recommend playing with Incineris first ;)

Update #1:

"UPDATE!
GOTSA CHEX OUT YO!
:D
+ New hero
+ His Items and stuff
+ no testing done
+ need feedback"

195466-albums6938-picture101663.png

195466-albums6938-picture101664.png

195466-albums6938-picture101665.png

195466-albums6938-picture101666.png

Update #2:
"
UPDATE!!!!

YES
I'm back with my hands full!
CLAP YO HANDS!!!

These are the patchnotes for V 0.1.2 :ogre_datass: :

NEW ITEM: RING!
this nice little piece of sweetness increases your proc chances depending on your hero, each hero having his own ring given to him like the armor. Its a solid item and not upgradeable.

BAD GUYS!

-More enemies will arrive each wave, pushing you even harder.

-Sentinel Arial Fleet has joined the fight! They are Extremely dangerous and one of the most formidable @$$h0le$ in the game.

195466-albums6938-picture102117.png

-Dogs and beastmasters will be there to harass you early game =))

195466-albums6938-picture102118.png

GOOD GUYS!

Even thou the enemy is mighty, there are even more strong champions to aid you in your fights!

195466-albums6938-picture102119.png

-Soldiers no longer spawn with MAGIC! they use relays which summon them and if destroyed you're screwed.

-New type Of soldiers which are commanders and have their own relay

-Friends arrive over the waves to help you defend, first via weak construction wagons and then with Strong soldiers and more towers

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/6amwy2/_files/Veramarth LoA V.0.1.2.w3x
"

Last edited:
Level 8
Good point, the map is basically a hero defense with extreme hero mechanics and Anything you could possibly want in a map : Upgradeable items, stat related abilities , lots of RNG elements, scales enemies with difficulties and number of players, etc.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Wow, tested it and I have to say, good job, I see potential for this map!

I already see one problem, at the moment it is basically skill spamming, try to give skills that also have other effects, different spells.

I will keep an eye on this, I hope to see updates soon!

Level 8
Wow, tested it and I have to say, good job, I see potential for this map!

I already see one problem, at the moment it is basically skill spamming, try to give skills that also have other effects, different spells.

I will keep an eye on this, I hope to see updates soon!

I feel deeply honored Ardenian!
honestly i have 2 more heroes in store almost 90% complete which will be ready soon.
i really appreciate the feedback, specially the criticism.
Have you tried all the heroes? because i designed them to match each other in certain ways.
i do plan to make the map playable alone and i did everything i could ( scaling difficulty and combat etc. ) but i still feel its much of a 3 - 4 player map :p
So don't judge swiftly brother! working on it XP

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I just tried the Incernius one and the Fish mage one and they were both pretty much target casting and skill-spamming.

Nice, I look forward for it!

Level 12
Add some screenshots man. It will you make your map more atractive. And good luck !

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

For screenshots, I recommend a little trick.
Use a sized version of Warcraft ( google to learn how to), the simply use the snipping tool of Windows, trust me, it is much easier than creating an in-game screenshot or capture the screen.
Also great for GIF creation :)

The Windows snipping tool also allows you to easily take screens from the WE :)

Level 8
For screenshots, I recommend a little trick.
Use a sized version of Warcraft ( google to learn how to), the simply use the snipping tool of Windows, trust me, it is much easier than creating an in-game screenshot or capture the screen.
Also great for GIF creation :)

The Windows snipping tool also allows you to easily take screens from the WE :)

Well that's a Genius Idea! i'll do it on my next set of screenshots ;)
Thanks buddy!

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Ohh, that is surely a great idea! Hm, but maybe not each wave :) By chance, I myself would prefer.

Level 8
UPDATE!!!!

YES
I'm back with my hands full!
CLAP YO HANDS!!!

These are the patchnotes for V 0.1.2 :ogre_datass: :

NEW ITEM: RING!
this nice little piece of sweetness increases your proc chances depending on your hero, each hero having his own ring given to him like the armor. Its a solid item and not upgradeable.

BAD GUYS!

-More enemies will arrive each wave, pushing you even harder.

-Sentinel Arial Fleet has joined the fight! They are Extremely dangerous and one of the most formidable @$$h0le$ in the game.

195466-albums6938-picture102117.png

-Dogs and beastmasters will be there to harass you early game =))

195466-albums6938-picture102118.png

GOOD GUYS!

Even thou the enemy is mighty, there are even more strong champions to aid you in your fights!

195466-albums6938-picture102119.png

-Soldiers no longer spawn with MAGIC! they use relays which summon them and if destroyed you're screwed.

-New type Of soldiers which are commanders and have their own relay

-Friends arrive over the waves to help you defend, first via weak construction wagons and then with Strong soldiers and more towers

Last edited:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Played V 0.1.2 a bit with Lawyer, there are a few issues.

• The mini-map background is quite distracting, don't use bright colours.
  • Slash and Duckstep have a hex-code mistake, I think some other abilities, too
  • D.U.C.K and Touch have a typos 'cuases' -> 'causes'
  • Slash's tooltip is quite wrong, confusing, double 'champion' for example
  • Make the special effect of the Blink-like ability shorter or remove it completely, in my opinion
  • There is an inefficiency in the triggers, causing some units to walk straight into the inner of the fortress, ignoring towers and hostile units.
  • Air units should either be not attackable by ground units ( you can use the Blink-like ability of the lawyer to attack air) or there should be way to do so.
  • You could tooltip headers design this way: [X] Touch of the Lawyer
  • I got stuck after using the Blink-like ability, at the first big statue, left site, after the first big barricade, there are some pathing blockers missing.
Lawyer is quite interesting to play, although I would recommend to add a very low mana cost to the Hack and Slash abilities.

For future versions I would also like to see more options for the defenders, like raising up new defences and such. Maybe think about it.

Level 8
Played V 0.1.2 a bit with Lawyer, there are a few issues.

• The mini-map background is quite distracting, don't use bright colours.
  • Slash and Duckstep have a hex-code mistake, I think some other abilities, too
  • D.U.C.K and Touch have a typos 'cuases' -> 'causes'
  • Slash's tooltip is quite wrong, confusing, double 'champion' for example
  • Make the special effect of the Blink-like ability shorter or remove it completely, in my opinion
  • There is an inefficiency in the triggers, causing some units to walk straight into the inner of the fortress, ignoring towers and hostile units.
  • Air units should either be not attackable by ground units ( you can use the Blink-like ability of the lawyer to attack air) or there should be way to do so.
  • You could tooltip headers design this way: [X] Touch of the Lawyer
  • I got stuck after using the Blink-like ability, at the first big statue, left site, after the first big barricade, there are some pathing blockers missing.
Lawyer is quite interesting to play, although I would recommend to add a very low mana cost to the Hack and Slash abilities.

For future versions I would also like to see more options for the defenders, like raising up new defences and such. Maybe think about it.

Now that's some Quality feedback XD Thanks. Alright, my world editor is open as i read this, so here we go :
1- I pressed the button that hides the picture and only shows units ( near the minimap the button with the eye and the muntain ) but i dont know how to make it the default setting of the map. any tips?
2-I checked and i didn't find any hex code mistake, however if you want the unprotected version of the map so you can see if there are wiered stuff going on ;\
3- Fixed.
4- Fixed :D
5- you mean the special effects that appear between Arash and his target?
i think they are okay...
6- Fixed
7- Will do ;) But it needs balancing for every hero to be able to fight Air units, so it will take time
8- The tooltips are traditional and they are like how i made them in my signature map : Veramarth. I cant really change them since it would ruin all the nostalgia XD
9- Fixed. Somehow i felt it was smart to place pathing blockers AROUND my objects o_O :D

Thanks Ardenian. i'm glad you liked playing him. btw ash incineris has some cool new stuff too, on his Asherbite ability. also check out the ring item, tis cool :p

and About the Defenders, You read my mind =))))

Following changes will take effect on the next update ^^

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Now that's some Quality feedback XD Thanks.
Uh, actually it is not a high-quality feedback :p You are welcome. As I said before, I like your map.
1- I pressed the button that hides the picture and only shows units ( near the minimap the button with the eye and the muntain ) but i dont know how to make it the default setting of the map. any tips?
I mean the background is quite distracting and makes it hard to see anything, I think it could be a one which is less bright, if it is important to you to have the symbol there.
2-I checked and i didn't find any hex code mistake, however if you want the unprotected version of the map so you can see if there are wiered stuff going on ;\
It is this ' -blaba-I-hotkey-'. Or did you add it to differ to the hotkey ?
5- you mean the special effects that appear between Arash and his target?
i think they are okay...
I tested a bit around, do you use dummies for them ? Because they are often misplaced, being off the actually blink line.
7- Will do ;) But it needs balancing for every hero to be able to fight Air units, so it will take time
Yes, sure :)
8- The tooltips are traditional and they are like how i made them in my signature map : Veramarth. I cant really change them since it would ruin all the nostalgia XD
Hu, if you would like to keep them... Just saying, they are not very good-looking in my opinion and placing them at the end is also a rather strange thing.
9- Fixed. Somehow i felt it was smart to place pathing blockers AROUND my objects o_O :D
Haha, only if your units don't have Blink or other moving stuff ^^
Following changes will take effect on the next update ^^
Surely will :)

Level 12
Ah! my little secret :D i basically imported the Royal captain model (not sure made by who but its pretty popular ) and then imported the Dark champion skin by Chrome66 and volia, they were made ^^

Any feedback for me? ;)
You should add the credit of the map. And good luck , i see are you pretty dedicated to your project :)

Status
Not open for further replies.