• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Early alpha testers needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Veramarth: LoA (Early alpha testers needed)

Hey everyone!
I'm currently working on my Newest map, Veramarth: Lords of Asherleague.
Its just about defending the Atwnheim Power core from the Invading sentinel army. With the phoenix main army lost the battle, they fell back through the portal. The prime has sent The Champions (A.k.a Asherleague) to deal with the situation
it'd be really helpful if you tested the early alpha version of this map, though its nearly just a bit of the goal map, its still enjoyable.

I'm making this for you so... Please, let me know what you think ;)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/5ghlxm/_files/Veramarth LoA V.0.0.6b.w3x

I'm also starting a project page very soon!

Last edited:
Level 8
Level 25
Going to write this as I play:

1. Don't Use Captial Letters In All Of Your Words, That's Not How The English Language Works.

2. The pure white minimap hides the minimap rectangle, change the white to gray or something to give it some contrast.

3. Select the tavern for the players at the start of the game. Also might want to change the purple tooltip colour, it's a bit dark.

4. Experience gain is very low, I have to kill 200 units to gain 1 level? How will this go when shared with more heroes?
Edit: Ok, 1 level per wave.

5. Incinirate Deals damage BEFORE the fire hits the unit.

6. Wave two, change the cleric model and the rifleman model so that is shows that they're an upgrade from wave 1.
Use Apprentice Wizard, Acolyte, Archers, etc.

7. Would be nice for it to stop snowing after a while.

I lasted until lvl3, then the Monk healing overdid the damage I did.
Terrain looks good, spells seem to work for the most of it. It has potentional for sure.

Level 7
Hey! I was playing as Ash (Warrior/Tank) and made it to the fourth wave before there were just too many soldiers attacking me that whenever I was respawned and tried to protect Awtenheim I was basically one shotted haha

Overall:

-Gameplay
The Gameplay itself was intense and fun. It was relatively easy to chain spells and perform combos with them to quickly kill units. The Charge aspect of Ash was equally entertaining. You just saved up the charges till you hit 6 and boom. Massive damage. 9/10
-Aesthetics
The environment and map I was playing in was full of detail and really stood out. In that regard 8/10
-Items
There were no items to purchase which might have helped me stay alive a lot longer than wave 4 but I was playing by myself and it is recommended you play in a party so I'm no really going to give a score here.
-Character Uniqueness
I really liked the character I was playing and the feel of it. Ash was cool and his abilities were pretty awesome. Well not necessary, you should think about putting a story together describing what the Asherleague is and why I'm defending this Atwenheim. I have no clue why I'm there, while the gameplay is fun the story is what propels me into it and keeps me playing the map over and over again, you know? Anyway 9/10

Great work!

Edit: Incinerate deals damage before the fire hits the unit.

Last edited:
Level 25
I saw that you added a difficulty dialog, are there any other changes from the previous version?

The hero in the middle of the tavern, his ultimate tooltip colour tags that doesn't work properly.

Cleric and Rifleman uses the same models that the previous wave did..

Level 8
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/edei1m/_files/Veramarth LoA V.0.0.5.w3x

Thanks for your feedbacks LordDz!

I made a new version, sadly the models are still the same because i cant really afford importing new models, thou i'll try to find some in-game. i adjusted the scaling values thou...

I added a new item, 10 levels upgradeable and different for each hero, thou difficult to obtain and upgrade, i didnt want o ruin the balance too much.

I added a second boss at wave 10 who is currently the end of the game for now till i make the other waves.

I also added a ESC key function so players can see the Awesome terrain :3

I Also didn't really sleep for the past few days XD

Status
Not open for further replies.