• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looping Unit Sound Without Triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
The title says it all, I want to make a unit have a looping sound, and I'd like to do it without triggers.

The options I see are:
Using the Object Manager
Under sound there are options to add looping sounds, fade in/fade out, etc, but I cannot and have not ever gotten these to do anything whatsoever. No matter what I put these values as, there never is a sound playing. Could someone instruct me what I'm doing wrong, or if the whole category is just broken?

Adding Sound Directly to Models
I know this isn't the correct forum for this particular option, so I'll leave this alone until after I see the replies for the above option, then I'll go to the modeling forum and ask around.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me solve this!

Level 6
It needs triggers, unless you want to get involved with adding sounds to the model.
Trigger (just one line): View attachment 79620
Basically, just tick any sound with an option of Looping (if it has it enabled) in the Sound Editor and play it with the action
Sound - Play Sound on Unit. It always works for me.

Tutorial for adding sounds on models: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/3d-modeling-tutorials-282/adding-sounds-attachments-30738/

Using triggers can get real messy when using the sounds the way I do, hence why I am avoiding them.

And I already know how to add sounds to the models, but I wasn't sure if there was a way to add a looping sound to the entire model instead of on each separate animation.

All the same, I appreciate the reply, and I guess I'll just keep trying some new things.

Status
Not open for further replies.