• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Triggered Sound Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
When a sound is played via trigger, it doen't work with 3D sound option.(Or i can't get it working properly) When 3D is disabled, this time it becomes a global sound which can be heard by all players from any point of map which is unwanted. I want it to be heard within a radius as any other sound. How do i do that?

Level 5
try Sound - Set Sound Cutoff Distance, or, take like howl of terror, remove the effects, buffs, and visual effects, set the sound to what you want, then create a dummy and have it cast the ability when you want the sound to play

Level 19
  • Sound - Play <3DSound> at 100.00% volume, located at (AnyPoint) with Z offset 0.00
Sound will be heard in the location you specify. If the players current camera is near this location, it will still hear the sound depending how far it is and how louder the sound is played.

Notice, the sound must be a 3DSound, thus tick the option box "3D Sound" while editing the "Sound Veriable" in the Sound Editor.

Level 8
Thank you all for your answers and yfor our valuable time. I understand 3D sounds need locations to perform. "Play Sound at location" trigger worked flawlessly. Since it was a spell sound, i entered the value "position of triggering unit" and now it performs completely in the way i want. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.