• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

looking for WE advices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
working on campaign, just like many in here.
looking for worldeditor skilled person that has time and knowledge to help with anything
triggers, advices on terraining, cinematics etc
yes i am asking for help because im noob in editor, and i know almost nothing in it
knowledge that i do posses, is about editing units, buildings, some terraining
the rest is unknown land to me

edit: some considered my post weird, and i wonder why. so whatever, here you go with normalised version. loooking for advices onto world editor.

Last edited:
Level 21
Let's hear your first questions then.
Also i suggest to keep studying the tutorials, sooner or later you will get the hang of it.

Level 11
If you have specific questions about things, you can always make a thread here to ask. Also if parts of the tutorials confuse you, similarly you can ask. I'm not sure anyone's going to take the time to tutor you, but collectively the community will be happy to answer your questions.

Not everyone learns from tutorials and that's fine. I can't stand video tutorials myself, and I know of people who can't stand text based ones. /shrug

Level 7
tried importing unit models, didnt succeed (could not select it in the custom models - editor pretended that i did not import it)
tried adding maps to campaign, didnt succeed as well (could not even get past importing the map unlike with models)
and any advices onto terraining a mountain forest area?

Level 25
Terraining can be taught just like any other skill, just needs practice. Best way is just follow tutorials and try making something similar.

About your modeling failures, did you look at the "How to import this model":
Prophet Velen
How to import 'Prophet Velen' | HIVE
That is displayed for every model and after having imported it saved the map and restarted the editor?

"any advices onto terraining a mountain forest area"
Advanced Terraining Tutorial

Level 7
another question : how to add another tileset? currently got the classic (dirt, rough dirt etc) and green grass/green dark grass
looking to add in brown grass and brown dark grass (village fall textures i guess) how do i add them onto the terrain palette?

Level 15
Advanced > Modify Tileset

You can only have a certain amount of tilesets though (some cost 2 tilesset) and you cannot change tilessets, that are used by cliffs as far as I know.

Level 5
Have you tried Theeffi's tutorials? That's what I used and I was a noob just like you (I only knew how to Place units and doodads before I started the campaign).They aren't always easy to understand, but he will help you in the comments. As I said, you should make a 'How I Suck at World Editor' series and I could also help you in the comments then.

Status
Not open for further replies.