• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Looking For Terraner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hi I am working on a roller coaster map. I am looking for someone that can prove that have done some terran work, and would be interested in doing some basic terrain work for this map. If you don't have any prof of skill then i guess i can try to do it my self.

The plan i got for the terrain work is fairly simple. But needs to look decent. I just got a general outline of what it would look like you would have a bit of say in that.

If your interested, my goal is to have the Terran work started and finished by 28th of march at the latest. If i don't hear from someone by the 21st, ill do my best at it.

Last edited:
Level 13
What kind of terrain, u write basic, but is it with hills and such? or just something a random place on the roller coaster map?

Level 12
I added a picture.

What i mean is very little hills if any, but i need it to look like a park, with entry way also 4 sections (Flat ground most likely same tile) for the Coaster to be built on. But around the park some terrain to make the map look nice. also in the middle sections and paths, perhaps a few buildings. Trying to give it the look of a theme park, yet still simple terrain, no need for anything fancy, just enough to give it in atmosphere.

Nothing on this picture has to how i have it, but all the elements need to be in it. The general idea needs to be there. When i send the person doing this the map there will be a area with a builder section so you know how big it needs to be about.

For the Gray Area on the picture below, don't put anything in the area, as i will make a mini game there, but do the ground and around it. but leave the area inside near empty so i can add a mini game latter.

Did this answer your question?

Attachments

• Copy of Basic Map Concept.GIF
    Copy of Basic Map Concept.GIF
    30.5 KB · Views: 204
Level 13
hmmmm, that could take some time, how big was the map again? That i should think of if it were like 192x192 :p

Level 12
Ya near there. i think it could be closer to 160ish. but that would be a max size. and 130ish a min size.

Keep in mind that the build area will only have one tile in it. and the gray area tiles need to be clearly different then the area people walk around in. to make it very clear its a mini game area.
I think this will take someone 1-5 hours. Perhaps more. Perhaps less.

Its not something thats out of my reach, but its something that i would rather spend time on doing triggers, and the fact that terraining is really not my thing.

Level 13
Ok ill begin as soon as i come home from some shitty organic party shit with my family.

Well ill try to make it as you want ;)

And the minigame i was thinking of a ranger shooting at a target which got evasion so the attacks sometimes miss.

Yellow and Orange will be Security and Staff ok?
Ok, it migth not go look like this, sry bout that :D, well at all it looks pretty fine, i got the entrance now, looks good, also got some triggers making people visiting the park :D

Etzer - who loves ur roller coaster :p

Last edited:
Level 13
Hello, now i worked 2-3 hours on it and here is the result for now:

NOTE: It is NOT done...

Hope you can see it and like it (im no PRO terrainer..)

Attachments

• Warcraft III screenies.doc
    2.1 MB · Views: 142
Level 12
I Really liked the 3rd picture.

It looks like its shaping up nicely.
Not so sure i loved the gray tile but its pretty clear that its different.

I wasn't in need of a pro, but yours is very decent to my standards.
And besides, some times i find people who do this alot, tend to make it over complex, and yours looks clean,simple and good. Thats what i am looking for.

Anyway, No rush, i wont have the ai part done to port it over for at least a week, maybe 2 weeks depending on how things go.

Level 13
Ok, im working on it, you think i should change the gray tile, it actually meant to be a road to walk on :D

Well also added some more screenies to this post i added some places with trees where you cant walk - like a park (im thinking of Disney Land :D)

I also made some triggers, im going to make one more so when a villager (visitor - also trigger) comes close to them up a ramp i made (look screenies) then it will write to the player "A villager is watching you!"

Attachments

• Warcraft III screenies.doc
    2.4 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Level 12
The path to the coming into the place is looking better, and the gray tile looks good. Besides Guards , there will be 1 shaman(i think the shaman would look good there, but 1 of the same thing at least) at each mini game, and maybe 1 shaman or one something at every entry way for the roller coaster. But besides them don't worry about the people so much, as i already have done alot of triggering for them.

Make sure there is room for a line at each section for the roller coasters will be, at least big enough for 10 people to stand in. room for 10-20 would be better. Also Try to make a spot where if the park had 10+ people in line that player in the game could cut sorta speak, so they don't have to wait for computers to ride the ride first.

Overall I think it looks pretty good.
I am unsure how i like the tree areas with the wooden fence and the critters in side but, then again if it wasn't there it would feel to empty, so i think it adds, so good job that.

Level 13
How do you actually, copy alot of triggers to another map? i mean cause i make terrain and u triggers how do we mix em to one big map?

And what do you mean by a entrance to the roller coaster? was it what is supposed to happend, that people are gonna ride eachothers?

Well ill start making more now, i got plenty of time :D

NOTE:

I was thinking of making 4 diffrent places 1 for each race, 1 nigth elf 1 orc 1 human and 1 undead place...

Just thinking :D

Last edited:
Level 12
Well for this project ill have to add more then just triggers but hit you go to the editor and hit file under the triggers. it will say export or import triggers. I don't think it will be that hard. I got to move serverl more things but wont take me more then 30 min i think.

I was thinking of making 4 diffrent places 1 for each race, 1 nigth elf 1 orc 1 human and 1 undead place...

Cool idea, i see how that could work, i am gonna go agisnt it though, sorry. But latter on people will be able to customize in side there build area so they will be able to make it look how ever they want.

Level 13
Hello, now added more terrain, i hope this was what you were hoping for, else ill just change it :) this is ingame screenshots.

Attachments

• Warcraft ingame screenies.doc
    2.9 MB · Views: 114
Level 12
Looking good. Perhaps the park feels a little bit like chucks and trails, but i did want to keep the stuff sperate. The middle looks good be sure there is room some where near the middle to build areas for a shop. one shop per player, its a shop people will buy stuff at. (AI people at least)

But I think overall everything is looking better, the entry way looks better also.

Level 13
Slaydon you took my idea with hellfire peninsula ;P

Well here is the first terrain things hope you like it...

I was thinking making some villages and then for example write "A typical nigth elf village"

I think u migth say no so i dont think of making it..

Attachments

• Warcraft III 1st terrain.doc
    2.5 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Level 13
Sry dude im not norwegian but danish :D

EDIT:

So now im done, you gotta make the shops yourself i didnt understand where to place em :D

Well if you need any diffrence ill do that

NOTE:

WTF i just found out i aint done yet, sry bout that but my life is complicated rigth now :sad:

Attachments

• Roller Coaster Terrain.w3x
    106.9 KB · Views: 38
Level 12
Opening it now. Sorry i been out of town.

ill edit this post after i open it up.

Edit*

So Heres what i think.

Entry way Grade A Or A+
Corners with the bridge things to get in them A
Hills they add but they almost look out of place so b-
Added people and areas for them to stand with the elevator A
Size of Map, I would say you might have over did it some but i can change that as needed. (Now that i look at it i think that everything feels really far away so i will get things closer and the corners a bit bigger i think, but at least the stuff in the middle about 50% closer. (Like the paths to everything 50% shorter or closer))

Overall i plan to do a few minor adjustments. But your spot on i would give this a overall rating of a A-. For what i wanted.

I Have been very busy with other things lately but this will be in next update likely. or the one after for sure.

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.