• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Looking for someone that knows vjass to import Encoder 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Okay, i'm needing someone with the knowledge of vjass that can put the system Encoder 2.0 into my map, I already have the requirements, and you will be added into the major credits section, so if anyone wants to do this, I would really appreciate it.

(My map dies if this system isn't going to be imported in, i'm stumped with this -save/-load system)

I need a -save/-load system that will be able to save abilities learned through vendors (buy an item, item gets removed and the hero learns the ability), and when you buy that item again, that ability will level up. I'm needing the level of that ability to be saved aswell.

Things needing to be saved: Hero, Level, Level EXP percent, Stats, Items, Gold, Lumber, abilities, level of the abilities, and Location.

Heres a link to WC3 Unlimited, it'll show you what type of map this is, and some pictures of how much customization you can put into your character.

http://wc3r.forumcircle.com/viewtopic.php?t=14890

Level 31
What you could do is give me general information on the heroes and items (like charges) and then I could set up a template so that you can add in the data yourself. It should take me about 1 hour to do the template and etc... maybe less.

For items, do you want to save item charges?

For stats, are there dif stat maxes for dif heroes?

For hero, do dif heroes have dif types of special things?

For items, are there hero specific items?

Just trying to keep the time as minimal as possible. The more complex the thing is (like hero specific items, item charges, hero specific abilities, and etc), the longer it'll take. Hoping to do it all in 30 mins by reusing a lot of the code from the demo map =).

Sound like a plan?

But again, remember I charge >.>, but it's not too bad if I can get it done in 30 mins.

Either that or you could continue to wait and see if anyone takes an interest in your project =).

Some things you should do-

collect all of the information (hero type ids, item type ids, ability ids, ability max levels, etc). The type ids can be found in object editor by hitting CTRL+D.

Just include all of the relevant information. This information is required for implementing Encoder into a map... not having it makes it impossible to event start ;p. The information you provided isn't enough.

Level 1
Yeah I can get all that for yeah :thumbs_up:

1) No, item charges don't have to be saved, the major items do like items that aren't charged and give stats.

2) Yes, there will be a Male(6), and a Female(6), they will be able to choose from Strength, Agility, and Intel as their primary, they recieve 1 to all stats each level (besides primary) and 2 stats for their primary. (Level 1 Start out: 10 Stats each)

3) No, heroes do not have different types of special things, they choose all their information and types at the beginning when they customize their character.

4) No, there aren't hero specific items :grin:

Hero type ID's: (Male): H00O:Hpal, H000:Hpal, H001:Hpal, H003:Hpal, H004:Hpal, H005:Hpal, (Female): H006:Hpal, H007:Hpal, H00B:Hpal, H008:Hpal, H009:Hpal, H00A:Hpal.

Item type ID's: I haven't made any Non-charged items, just keep a template up where I could edit it and put Non-charged items in.

Ability type ID's: A01U:AHtc, A01J:AOcl, A01B:AOmi, A01T:AOwk, A01G:AOsh, A01V:AOsh, A01F:AOmi, A019:AOwk, A01S:AOmi, A01K:AOsh, A01L:ANcl, A002:ANbf, A01I:ANcs, A01M:ANcl, A018:ACcv, A00X:Aspb, A00V:Aspb, A00C:Aspb, A00J:Aspb, A00K:Aspb, A00U:Aspb, A007:Aspb, A00W:Aspb, A00D:Aspb, A00I:Aspb, A005:Aspb, A000:Aspb, A006:Aspb, A00E:Aspb, A00F:Aspb, A004:Aspb, A00H:Aspb, A00G:Aspb.

Hero abilities max level will be at level 15, Unit and item abilities will be at level 1.

You don't have to put all those abilities in, thats alot of abilities and if you can just make enough templates, I could probably do it myself as long as you give me 2-3 examples using my codes.

I was curious, I use Spell book stacking (Spell book has nothing, and will be stacked with multiple spellbooks with 1 passive ability each when you customize your character.)

I was wondering if the spellbook (Character information) will be saved too with all the stacked spellbooks inside it aswell?

Level 31
can save anything you want..

now, you also need to include ranges for all of your values..

like for xp, will it be a % or actual xp, and if actual, what's the max?

for stats, what are max stats.

Also, you can't just do a template for item charges.. you have to do a different category for each different type of item charge.

Also, I don't think you are saving item abilities ;p. So all hero abilities are max lvl of 15?

Level 1
I'd want the Exp to be a Percent 0%-100% (hopefully thats easier for you).

The Max Stat is 208.

I don't want item charges to be saved, it'll make it easier and faster for you if they aren't, plus item charges aren't hard to obtain, you just go buy them from a vendor that doesn't even cost much money.

Yeah i'm not saving item abilities, Spell book is an item ability that I turned into a unit ability, the spellbook's are able to stack with eachother.

Yes, all hero abilities max level will be at 15.

Level 1
Hero's are able to have 6 hero abilities, 7 including the Unit (item ability turned into a unit ability) Spell Book that is placed at the Red Cross(where hero's originally learn their abilities).

No, there are no specific items for specific heroes, (I already answered this xD)

Level 1
Each hero can have 6 abilities saved.

There are 15 hero abilities total, and 18 Spell books, i'm not sure if your going to include the spell books or not.

So 0-6 for each hero, and 0-15 hero abilities.

All the hero abilities level up 0-15

Level 31
I'll I'm going to do is have the basic Encoder up with the slots set, save/load commands, and the Catalogs with no data in them. It will be up to you to populate the catalogs and that's it =).

Ok, so 6 abilities saved and each ability has a level between 1* and 15.

I'm not sure what you mean by spell books... I told you, tell me all of the data you want saved. If the spellbooks don't need to be saved, then don't tell me them. If it's the abilities that don't need to be saved, then don't tell me those.

Now, here's what I'm going to do. I will create the Encoder, save/load commands, and set up the catalogs w/ 0 data in them. It will be your job to add all of the data.

Now, I'm estimating it will take me 30-45 minutes to code and design all of this. Do you still want me to do it, or do you want someone else to?

Level 1
Well.. first off, do you know about the Spellbook stacking? You have 1 spell book and have a bunch of other spellbooks that are turned off, and the turned off spellbooks have 1 ability in each of them, once the turned off spellbook gets added to the hero with the regular spellbook, the 1 ability from the turned off spell book will be added to the regular spell book.

Every hero in this map has a Unit Ability which is the Spellbook (No Passive Abilities in yet) and once you go Circle of Power to Circle of Power (like in my WC3 Unlimited thread) Passive abilities which will be your information of your character will be added to your regular spell book in order to learn certain abilities from vendors and to be allied with a certain village etc.

Will the Regular Spell Book with its custom abilities be saved aswell?

Thats what i'm asking, its a big part for this game.

Level 31
You can save anything, like I keep saying. Imagine saving the 15 spellbook abilities... when you load them up, just add them back in as normal like the unit picked/bought them, lol..

you know what might be best... if I just did the catalog and encoder and you left the save/load commands up to your friend that knows vjass. They can pretty much cnp the save/load commands out of the demo map and modify them as needed (although they could just as easily do that with the Encoder object and Catalogs too...)

The reason I say this is because saving and loading will probably take much more time than writing encoder and catalog objects.. possibly add 1.5 hours to the overall work.

Status
Not open for further replies.