• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Encoder 2.0 Install Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Alright, so I know very little about jass, and its been sorta hard trying to get this Encoder 2.0 into my map, if anyone could help me step by step, link the jass scripts of which ones I should CnP first, second, third, and so on, then what I need to do for the encoder part, that'd be awesome, been trying to put this into my maps for atleast 2-3 days, if anyone could help me that'd be awesome.

Btw I already have the LUA Header installed, (but i had some help with that part so.)

Heres the encoder link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/encoder-2-0-0-0-a-189883/?prev=mmr=4

Level 1
Nestharus tryed to help me, but i'm pretty retarded at jass, and i'm not sure which one to CnP (install) first, he's too busy and has tryed to help, the best thing anyone could do is just link the scripts of which ones to install first (thats how retarded i'm at jass) and I really need this system so.

Level 1
So go to one those system links, copy all of the jass scripts, and put it into one trigger folder?

Alright well, I tryed downloading them all before saving, and it came out as the same results, can't test my map and it gives me a bunch of errors..

Last edited:
Level 1
JNGP = Jass editor?

And, Nestharus told me to CnP the systems from this site, not from the map, the thread he posted me with all the required systems.

Level 1
Well.. I really don't know what i'm doing wrong man.. i'll even post the scripts of the systems that I put in my map, and let you see for yourself.

Level 31
All of the systems in demo map can be cnp'd except for UnitStatePercent. UnitStatePercent was configured special for the demo map (some of the code is actually different from the main thread).

UnitStatePercent requires Lua scripts to install ;P.

From what I heard before, you were having trouble installing the Lua scripts =).

After installing, it'll help to really study the code for catalogs, encoder object, saving, and loading. I am currently writing a megalithic tutorial for saving/loading including intro to save/load, catalog techniques, building an encoder object, saving, and loading (including display techniques). The tutorial should give a deep understanding of how save/load actually works (chapter 1) as well as how to actually use Catalog and Encoder ;D (chapters 2-5).

Level 1
Awesome Nestharus, i'm looking forward to that tutorial, and yeah i'll post some screen shots when I upload all of the systems back in (because I deleted them, didn't work) I use NewGen WC3 Editor btw.

Edit: I edited the pictures and as you can see, I CnPed the systems besides Unit State Percent (got Unit State Percent off of warcraft 3 hive) and I used the LUA Header that you gave me in the private message, I also put in the LUA Get Var Object, and thats all I did really, tryed to save my map and that error in the last picture came up.

Attachments

• NewGen WC3 Editor.png
    NewGen WC3 Editor.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 78
  • Systems CnPed from Encoder Demo.png
    Systems CnPed from Encoder Demo.png
    187.7 KB · Views: 155
  • UnitState Percent CnP.png
    UnitState Percent CnP.png
    384.4 KB · Views: 73
  • LUA Header.png
    LUA Header.png
    725.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Everything added.png
    Everything added.png
    195.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Jass Error.png
    Jass Error.png
    831 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Level 1
Do I need to CnP all the systems back in, and then that Optional HELLO one too? Because I used the same systems that i tryed to save with, and just CnPed that Optional HELLO and it still came out with a Jass Error

I'm not sure if i've the latest jass helper, I just downloaded the Jass Gen from that requirement link.

Level 1
Ah, alright, i'll try that.

Tryed it and another error came up when i tryed saving.

Btw i'm not sure where I can check which version of WE3 Gen I have, it might be that.

Edit: Yeah I do have the 1.5D WC3 Editor Jass.

It keeps saying Cannot find TextMacro Optional, even though I put that into a trigger and disabled the systems..

Attachments

• Jass error 2.png
    Jass error 2.png
    793.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Jass Error 3.png
    Jass Error 3.png
    894.7 KB · Views: 69
  • WeHack.png
    WeHack.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Level 1
My wc3 is fully updated.

I only downloaded the JassGen Pack, nothing else after that, where can I go to update it?

I have the 1.5D Gen Pack.

Level 1
nvm i got it, I looked back at the tutorial and I was like.. wow xD

Edit: Well I did what it told me, but nothing happened, the installer didn't come up when I replaced the files..

Edit2: Tryed saving my map and this comes up in the picture.

Attachments

• Init Trig.png
    Init Trig.png
    185.1 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Level 1
Didn't Nestharus say there were going to be a tutorial on how to use Encoder?

Not even sure where to start, I mean, i've checked the whole encoder and the save/loads on the demo map, can't find where it says "-save or -load".

Level 1
What happens when you have 12 heroes that have the same Proper and Leveling up names? How would you put that in the hero catalog?

Attachments

• Multiple Heroes with same Name.png
    Multiple Heroes with same Name.png
    253.9 KB · Views: 106
  • Hero Catalog.png
    Hero Catalog.png
    627.9 KB · Views: 100
Level 1
You telling me is alot easier and more understanding for me than the tutorial xD

Edit: Do I just do the same thing for the other Catalogs? Just CTRL+D and then get there code for the abilities and items?

So for the ability catalog, would I just replace the heroes with my heroes CTRL+D code? and then put all the possible abilities down below for that hero?

Btw, the picture down below is the correct way of putting heroes into the encoder.. correct? I'm not sure why it won't let me -save.

Attachments

• Hero Catalog Sample.png
    Hero Catalog Sample.png
    185.3 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Level 31
Because for some reason you copied the demonstration into your map... >.>

Make your own catalogs... using the demo catalogs is really silly, lol ;D.

The only things you should have in the map from the demo map are the systems in the systems Category. Everything else is a demonstration of the system.

Also, for recommended systems, ony take the ones you need. If you plan on saving %xp, then you want UnitStatePercent. Also, if you copied UnitStatePercent from the demo map, it 100% won't work =).

Level 1
Oh, I thought this would be easy after I got the systems and Catalogs and such, I didn't know I had to create my own catalogs and the saving, even with the tutorial its going to be hard to understand, not great at understanding tutorials as you probably have noticed.

Level 31
Just read the entire Catalog chapter. The very beginning shows the general structure of a general catalog. You can start by creating a general catalog of heroes, items, and abilities (since I remember you said that abilities are bought?).

After this, decide what needs to be categorized. Is there anything that some heroes have and others don't? In my demo, some heroes had 5 abilities and others had 4. Moreover, of these, they had different level max patterns (I had a 5 and a 5_2).

For items, some had item charges and others didn't. Also, the item charges varied.

Decide if anything needs to be categorized, and if anything does, then read the Categorizing section.

Decide if you need any hero specific items. If so, read another fun section ;D.

I don't think that you will need composite catalogs.

Level 1
Alright so, this would be pretty impossible for a noob that knows nothing about jass and someone that knows jass but, doesn't know the system very well.

So.. i'm wondering if anyone would put encoder 2.0 in for me since I will never be able to do it myself, i'm not lazy or anything its just its kinnda too complicated and will kill brain cells if yeah know what I mean. :goblin_boom:

I already have the requirements installed into the map, send me a PM if you want to do this for me, you'll have credit for this into the map, and once you PM me i'll send you what I need for it to save and load.

Level 1
Well.. i've the requirements, and I tryed doing it myself and failed (don't know jass), and I tryed getting someone that knew jass and HE failed.. he said its too complicated and I should let you do it yourself Nesth, since you know the system better than anyone, i'm mean.. I tryed..

Yeah, making the catalogs and all the other stuff (-save/-load) scripts, I mean.. I can't make it myself, its just too complicated..

And without this system (or a system that can save abilities learned from vendors and the level of that ability) I can't finish my map.

If anything.. if no one wants to help and do it on the map themselves, then my map will be as good as dead since it requires this system, because its a MMORPG in a warcraft 3 map.

Status
Not open for further replies.