• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Encoder 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
So, I've been thinking about something like chained conditions. Currently, links have 1 condition in them (a range of values that the value must fit into). With chained conditions, I was thinking of a set of values that must fit into a set of ranges, for example a version number value (^_^).

So, there would be currently loaded values and then values that the thingie expects. For example, when the code is loaded, the version number may be pushed on to the stack as a value to check against. From there, every value that has a version range on it (for example, an item that works on versions 1-6) would be checked against the version to see if it should load or not. From here, the ranges can be shifted around (made even smaller) and all catalogs of all versions can be merged and etc... could have 1 Encoder object for the whole map.

The only problem is, I'm not even sure how to begin this atm =p, from the syntax to the organization to the storage to how to efficiently shift ranges around (1000 values might have versions on them) to etc... with the update, Encoder might even require Catalog and Catalog might store statistics of dif values with dif things on them.

So each range slot would then be a multi range slot (one range slot referring to a set of ranges). This set could be item,version number or race,class (so that classes don't have to be put into each race).

Anyways, anyone have any ideas on this, or is this just a bad idea to begin with? : P

Status
Not open for further replies.