• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for mentor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So i deleted my original post, because obviously no one is going to go THAT far in helping :'(

But, can someone answer this simple question (only one i haven't been able to fix!)

How do i make my "Kodos" have a global acquisition range?

Last edited:
Level 4
Tough luck.

Whatever you do in this editor will always be simple. Nobody can make more advanced stuff, like extreme command card based games.

Um, i never said anything about complex stuff... wait, i don't really even get what you are saying.

I am not sure what you mean by extreme command, but i know people will be able to make advanced stuff.

Wait, and you will be his mentor but not mine? :'(

Also, i believe that MUCH more advanced things have been made in wc3.
I feel like i am being trolled.

Level 4
You got trolled indeed.... He can't be a mentor to anyone. He doesn't even know how to duplicate a unit!

I am the Data Editor of WcIV.

Awesome, i hope when that gets completed, or near completed, that people will stop just using the basic units, with no change in purpose, for every single map.
Is it a SIN to ask for a tug O war map that doesnt' have the EXACT same units? and VERY few differences?

So ya, i am probably just going to read tutorials, (i believe that the ones for making TD'S will be beneficial)

Although, i wouldn't mind some tips here or there.

I will probably start with trying to make a "chase" "TD" map (for reference gridlock td )

It is a great map, you build buildings, and then have to run away from creeps, with your "runner" (not your builder) and strategically get your towers to kill them.

(the link is mostly for an idea of what the map looks like)

Level 4
Awesome, some friendly competition. I am watching some guides right now.

So, so far, i have learned how to make units auto spawn and attack targets, and am learning to make custom units.

Though, i warn you, i am remaking/working Kodo Tag X-TREME!

Which means, unlike other tag games, it is much more highely based around running and mazing, emphasis on mazing.

Basing will ALMOST be not allowed. Unless i get around to it, and even then, i will add few towers, if any, and few upgraded walls. (Maybe some that can "open Close" or trick them up some how)
Also, what were those two things yuo mentioned?

Level 19
Awesome, some friendly competition. I am watching some guides right now.

So, so far, i have learned how to make units auto spawn and attack targets, and am learning to make custom units.

Though, i warn you, i am remaking/working Kodo Tag X-TREME!

Which means, unlike other tag games, it is much more highely based around running and mazing, emphasis on mazing.

Basing will ALMOST be not allowed. Unless i get around to it, and even then, i will add few towers, if any, and few upgraded walls. (Maybe some that can "open Close" or trick them up some how)
Also, what were those two things yuo mentioned?

Open closing like supply depots has been very hard and frustrating for me.

also, your attempt seems like a fail. only the more serious makers (ex. rodrigo) ACTUALLY make good maps, rest are mostly failures.

the sad part is, your map in beta will be in first page :sad: while the FUN, well-made ones are in like the 10th (no offense)

you could whisper me for help if you want it, im not the best but all the people better than me dont give a rats ass about the nextgen

im remaking/reworking vampirism xD

Level 4
I disagree, your definition of fun is more complex or prettier.

This map is based on a solid simple concept.

Maze and run.

It is similar to "Sentry Scramble" Except it is more team oriented.

I say like, because you can make those force fields, besides that, and the being chased part (horrible AI for the chasing i might add, they go out of their way to come from behind) it is nothing alike. There are blink/get out of fail free card (although there are some advanced techniques)

Currently my only stumbling block is a trigger:

I can make units spawn at the region, however, i am not 100% sure on ho w to make them chase the players, while only attacking walls if blocked.

I assume i will need a global acquisition range, and an if then else statement.

I will PM you this question also (assuming no one will check back on this thread)

Level 7
Desert strike now has like 5-15(only played zerg) unique units in it. So there are some(one) map that is trying to think outside the box!

Level 4
I did that, but it doesn't seem to work.

When i get near enough to them for them to chase me, they turn around at a certain point.

I think this might be caused by some kind of "behavior", meaning, they are set to not chase.

Of course i have looked for this, but i can't seem to find it!

Status
Not open for further replies.