• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Minimap+Coders for KodoDefence game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I've been creating this Kodo Defence game for well over two years and being a trigger only guy I don't do much artwork and terraining.

I really need help with a minimap image for my map.
I would really appreciate all the help as well as someone who is free to help me code some of the new things planned for the game.

Kodo Defence Ver 6.4a

Attachments

• Kodo Defence Tag Ver 6.7b.w3x
    2.4 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Level 5
Oh sorry Do I take down this thread and post again at the Project recruitment page?

Minimap Image
Basically just a image display of the map so it won't be the boring warcraft 3 melee map terrain. Just a photo of 1-2 Kodos maybe a tauren chieftain inside and put the word Kodo Defence on it. That would be really great.

Coders to help code for future updates.
Theres a voting system I done to vote to choose who's the kodo chief (The one basically catching the runners) I need help to test and debug the new version.
As well as to improve on it by allowing the game to restart if the Kodo player leaves.

Also need help with ideas for certain problems.
1) After being caught by the kodo chief it is hard to rebase. Similar to Tree tag if the runner is caught and rescued, it's hard for him to rebase considering there's so many kodos and a kodo player after him.

2)The limited resource in gold mines coupled with the difficulty to rebase makes it hard for players to farm gold in late game. I don't want to increase the gold in the gold mines as I want to make the players feel that the gold is precious.

Level 12
Nah, a mod will move it when they notice.

Could give a hand with voting.

For re-basing... why don't you get rid of that ? You know how troll & elves deal with this ?
Or, is there a reward/penalty for being rescued ? E.g. get some $$$ for rescuing somebody and he also gets a portion OR the chaser gets a debuff of some sort for a few seconds?

Hope this helps!

regards
-Ned

Level 5
I already did the voting system but I have to test it with a few players to see how it works out could potentially have alot of problems currently.

Uhm there are a couple of problems usually it's hard to rebase cause the player has no more money or not enough time to rebase before a kodo catches him.

Players don't one to save other players and choose to live comfortably in their own base. Maybe the rewards are not enough? I think because it's too dangerous and they could risk losing their whole base. I made it so that the kodo players get extra lumber per 20 sec if there are players captured and +1 str /20sec if there are players caught as an incentive.

I also don't like how troll vs elves dealt with this. I like how they did the voting system which I'm using a well but noticed that after a player is caught they will just leave. I want to make it so that they still are useful and can still play a fun game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.