• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for Map Testers for Battle of Azeroth: War of Thorns Remastered Custom Campaign (Patch 1.27b)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
battlelogo-png.356003

Good day! I'm currently in the process of remastering my Battle of Azeroth: War of Thorns custom campaign, originally released on June 2020.
Based on the prologue event of the Battle for Azeroth expansion from World of Warcraft, this latest version features:

• A brand new playable prologue level and a new Horde-based level
  • Slightly updated visuals and sounds, a new model for protagonist Delaryn Summermoon
  • New custom spells
  • Numerous bug fixes
I now need serious playtesters. Those who can find typos, bugs, etc. If you're interested, reply in this thread or via direct message. Thanks.

Level 28
General:

Varok:
  • I dunno if "scream" is really the right word to use here, especially since it doesn't even make a noise when used.
  • dealling -> dealing
  • There's a noticeable delay between the landing and the slow effect.

Delaryn

* Charge doesn't stun.
** target tough. -> target.
* Spinning fans doesn't decrease enemy armor or damage.

Wally

* Splitting Boulder should affect buildings. It also doesn't affect Ethereal units, although that does make sense.

Enemy groups have a tendency to be too close together so that attacking one brings some of the next group to the fight.

First level:

Sentry doesn't leave a corpse, it just disappears.

Feint at Silithus codex gives Varok's entry and vice-versa.

Forest beasts should not be immune to magic, it's hard enough to kill them as-is. I ended up dying five times to them at the stone.

Raider rescue: Thanks guys, but I'd appreciate it more if you didn't pop up on the other side of the map so half my guys are dead by the time you get there.

Meat Wagons appeared but because they decided to attack by themselves, they very quickly got killed.

Civilians should run, be owned by the enemy or invulnerable.

Needs more healing salves, I only got through by (ab)using the res stone. Maybe have a Blood Elf priest along?

Can't say I liked this level very much. Units mostly get in each other's way, no Tauren to make use of Ancestral Spirit, and of course, the fact that you're doing Sylvanas' bidding. Ugh.

Second level:

Loading screen: Sylvannas -> Sylvanas

Sentinels codex: First two sentences make no sense.

Ring of Evasion doesn't say how much Agility it gives.

Bow of Haste and Agility Figurine have the same effect but different prices. Spiked Armor and +2 Ring of Protection have the opposite problem.

Music stops playing between cutscenes.

Should heroes cost food?

Top eastern camp: the rightmost fence of the north entrance has no pathing.

Bottom eastern camp: Exploding barrels don't instakill the tower closest to the slaughterhouse, they just damage it.

Third level:

Evitel should have a name instead of generic "High Priestess".

Had a crash while loading a save. Loading from a restart with no issues.

Are the three gems supposed to combine into a better one?

Furbolg "corpses" at the northern camp should use actual corpses intead of units.

Moonwell codex: A moonwell -> Moonwells

Horde versus a mountain giant and three dryads: The units remain neutral, so the Horde doesn't fight them.

Furion codex: two have represent -> two represent

One building drops lumber but there's no use for it.

Graphics bug (might be on my end) where Splitting Boulders doesn't show projectiles anymore.

The village Waygate automatically sends units back to the start if a unit goes in rather then telling it to use the Waygate.

Fel Ring: staff. Weilders -> ring. Wielders

Thunderthigh Diamond? Really?

Transformed druids still cost food and have unreasearched Mark of the Claw.

Onu's quest: to water's-> to the water's edge

Azerite cutscene: wonderous -> wondrous

More later.

Last edited:
Hi here are all the bugs that I found so far. Sorry for the delay.
Captură ecran (488).png

Captură ecran (489).png

Saurfang is not a Blademaster.
Captură ecran (490).jpg

Here my units move very strangely.
Captură ecran (491).png

The units on the bridge look very strange.
Captură ecran (493).png

Strange description for this skill ''Hero summons dark magic''
Captură ecran (494).png

Same strange description ''700 units cast range''
Captură ecran (496).png

Why is this bridge filled with water?
Captură ecran (502).png

I can go through this fence, only on this fence.
Captură ecran (503).png

The animation of Bloodlust is not working on Worgen.
Captură ecran (504).png

Captură ecran (505).png

Okkkkkk I lost this mission because Wally die but he respawned after 2 sec .....
Captură ecran (501).png

If you don't finish the ''Make a Killing'' quest you will not get the ''Revengeance'' quest finished even if you destroy Horde beachhead. Maybe just combine the 2 quests in one.
Captură ecran (507).png

For this unit the skill Frenzy will not show any animation.
Captură ecran (508).png

Why the Huntress in the first mission had Ensnare skill but on this mission they don't have the skill anymore?
Captură ecran (509).png

Captură ecran (510).png

Captură ecran (512).png

A very annoying bug with 2 Hide icon.
Captură ecran (513).png

Captură ecran (514).png

Ok.....about this if you go up and then down here the units that are supposed to join you will stay neutral. They will join you only if you go left at the start or right in my case.
Captură ecran (516).png

Now they joined me.
Captură ecran (517).png

Why Furbolgs are my enemy here if I get a quest to help them?
Captură ecran (519).png

Ok.................................I don't have the items from the last mission.
Captură ecran (523).png

Entangling Roots animation will not work on Kodo Beast.
Captură ecran (524).png

The icons here are not well placed.
Captură ecran (526).png

This icon is not working.
Captură ecran (527).png

Captură ecran (528).png

A VERY annoying sound will be played here on this cinematic.
Well this is all for now.

Attachments

• Captură ecran (488).png
    Captură ecran (488).png
    2.7 MB · Views: 24
  • Captură ecran (506).png
    Captură ecran (506).png
    3.6 MB · Views: 29
  • Captură ecran (523).png
    Captură ecran (523).png
    3.7 MB · Views: 23
Level 23
Thanks everyone! Alright, I looked at each and every point and spent quite a while hunting them all down. Not sure if they've all been taken care of.

• Lots of changes to spell descriptions. Renamed "Scream of Saurfang" to "Saurfang's Rage", and cleaned up many other spell text.
  • Fixed erring Codex texts
  • Made civilians in the prologue level enemies to keep it simple
  • Adding two Tauren units and a Shaman to the Prologue level to make it easier
  • Added more healing items in the Prologue level too
  • Removed Food Costs for heroes
  • Fixed Evitel's sidequest, which had wonky triggers for the Gateway, another is that you received more than one Enchanted Gemstone
  • Removed death triggers for Wally after you find the Res Stone
  • Fixed bad trigger region to activate Neutral Giant and Dryads allies
  • Fixed Forsaken base wall's pathing blocker that gets destroyed after blowing up the barrels
  • Could not fix missing Frenzy / Bloodlust animation for certain units as they have missing / broken attachment points sadly
  • Removed "Rescue the survivors" quest requirement in "Revengeance" questline
  • Fixed missing icon for Higgogryph Rider
  • Corrected typos, spell item errors hopefully

Cleavinghammer, if you can post Part II of your report, that'd be awesome. Thanks so much Lordul Dracula for the images and clear feedback. May I contact you again for further playtesting of future custom campaigns?

Level 28
I'm working on it, but (in addition to having less time to play) there's a lot of loading involved with the next Horde mission, with the associated ragequitting so as not to punch a hole in the screen.

Horde missions in general could use more Grunts than Raiders, they spend most of their time getting stuck, getting killed, getting killed while stuck, and preventing more useful units from doing their job by getting stuck in the front.

Sylvanas:
  • ... Sylvanas Slide? Really? And on a ranged hero, ensuring she'll smash into her frontline units and get stuck?
  • No difference between normal attack and Black Arrow, they even make the same clacking sound.
  • Banshee Grip:
** demon's -> a demonic, .The -> . The
** Learning tooltip says 0 cost and 0 cooldown
** hand.Making -> hand, making
** I think it's an auto-kill on heroes.

Damn near all the Reforged models have this issue where you can click empty space under them, telling units to move there instead of focus-firing.

Fourth level:

Possible graphics bug in the intro: Horde units die for no reason, there's no projectile to show what they died of.

Saurfang's items and skills didn't carry over. Some tomes of retraining would be nice.

Grimfang cutscene: have -> has

Elder Crocolisk is level 5, same as Crocolisk. I thought it'd be for Charm purposes, but she doesn't have it.

All mercenaries cost food and lumber, you can't hire any.

One of the villages has big pillars in the middle that hides the screen, one near the protector and one near the chests.

Faerie Dragon doesn't have a Channel animation.

OK, so for the village fight:
  • The only ranged units available are necromancers
  • Half the enemy is immune to magic
  • You can't hire more units
  • Can't attribute points to actually useful spells
I almost went whosyouraddy for this one before managing to slowly kite them one by one.

Lera's "Stay a while" line: you, -> you.

Hippogryph's selection circle is lower than the model.

Siras cutscene:
  • Is Sylvanas supposed to respond to Siras' first line?
  • Siras' head is turned to the ground.

Val'kyr codex quest is called Azerite.

(currently at Rokhan's camp, there was another crash after loading)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! Alright, I looked at each and every point and spent quite a while hunting them all down. Not sure if they've all been taken care of.

• Lots of changes to spell descriptions. Renamed "Scream of Saurfang" to "Saurfang's Rage", and cleaned up many other spell text.
  • Fixed erring Codex texts
  • Made civilians in the prologue level enemies to keep it simple
  • Adding two Tauren units and a Shaman to the Prologue level to make it easier
  • Added more healing items in the Prologue level too
  • Removed Food Costs for heroes
  • Fixed Evitel's sidequest, which had wonky triggers for the Gateway, another is that you received more than one Enchanted Gemstone
  • Removed death triggers for Wally after you find the Res Stone
  • Fixed bad trigger region to activate Neutral Giant and Dryads allies
  • Fixed Forsaken base wall's pathing blocker that gets destroyed after blowing up the barrels
  • Could not fix missing Frenzy / Bloodlust animation for certain units as they have missing / broken attachment points sadly
  • Removed "Rescue the survivors" quest requirement in "Revengeance" questline
  • Fixed missing icon for Higgogryph Rider
  • Corrected typos, spell item errors hopefully

Cleavinghammer, if you can post Part II of your report, that'd be awesome. Thanks so much Lordul Dracula for the images and clear feedback. May I contact you again for further playtesting of future custom campaigns?
Hi man gladly I will help you with any testing just give me a pm :ogre_haosis:

Level 23
No problem. Thanks for your efforts, cleave. I'll DM you Dracula in the future. Heh.

• Admittedly, the "Sylvanas Slide" is an in-joke referring to Sylvanas pretty much sliding to her death in the flashback scene when talking to Delaryn by the World Tree.
  • Removed Lumber and Food requirements in "The Warchief Commands", maybe I should add a food cap or the Player will just overrun the level
  • Added more units for Player in "The Warchief Commands", gave player Troll Witch Doctors, Berserkers
  • Added Tome of Retraining in the level
  • Raised selection circle of Hippos
  • Bumped up Sylvanas' Black Arrow damage from Level 1 to 3
  • Typo corrections
  • Can't do much with the crashes, I really hope it doesn't cripple the whole level

Level 28
Fourth level continued:

Maybe have a Val'kyr teleport to Rokhan's base too.

The tree canopies north of Rokhan's base and the waygate battle have no trunks. Might as well remove them.

Weird pathing going on near the waygates, units told to go near the other gate will take the long way around if not specifically told to take the waygate.

Chimera lightning attack comes from its origin.

Sira codex: while -> when

Using Banshee Grip sometimes kills Sylvanas, apparently at random.

Using BG on a flyer makes it go to the ground before rising.

Plants just before the last fight belong to the night elf player.

Game crash while quitting the mission (might be Banshee Grip).

End cinematic: If she says she'll never yield she can't exactly be said to have surrendered.

Fifth level:

EitM quest: seige -> siege

Siras: alay -> allay

Arcane Golems can be healed.

Red base: Mountain Giant didn't join the battle.

Monstorous Shredder -> Monstrous

Awakened Ancient Protector and Ancient Protector look identical, maybe make one bigger. Also AAP has a Tauren voice and unresearched Pulverize.

Uprooted Ancient Protectors from allies can't root.

The bridge model has weird pathing, units constantly pop in and out of view while crossing it.

Monstrous Shredder codex is incomplete.

Hippogryph Riders:
  • No DISBTN.
  • Can't dismount (they really should start with Taming researched).
  • Dismount icon shows a high elf.

Shandris: FoK on a ranged hero?

Rooted Ancient of War has Eat Tree.

Rooted Ancient Protector has no DISBTN (I think it uses its DISBTN as the regular icon).

Tree of Life has no portrait.

Purple can spawn attack waves (from the orange base) even after their base is destroyed.

Crocolisks on the south edge belong to the red player.

The Sentinels Army group near the purple base blocks access to the barrels and crates (you can get around with FoN). They stay allied instead of under your control, unlike the other groups.

Interlude: to me! -> with me!

Level 28
Sixth level:
Decorative trees shouldn't be used alongside real trees.

Cutscene:
make stand ->make a stand
the Teldrassil -> Teldrassil (I think?)
may -> may have to

Base should have another Moon Well (44/40 if no losses).

Backpack can be researched, only Moon upgrades, Moon Well available but requires Tree of Eternity (which isn't).

The first attack wave was quite damaged for some reason. Maybe they ran into creeps?

All codex quests have "heroes must survive" requirement.
Kaldorei Evac quest: may -> might

All Horde units on the north edge of the map (except Murray) belong to Kaldorei Refugees (what do you know, some Horde members were disgusted at their leader's actions!). Same for the Golem after Murray, other units in the base belong to the right owners.

Mystic Devotion Ring: Grants armor is redundant with gives Devotion Aura.

Level 23
  • Added Val'kyr in Rokhan's base
  • Removed some of the tree canopies
  • Replaced Chimera model
  • Fixed typos
  • Not sure I can do anything to fix Banshee's Grip, hope not many people encounter these errors
  • Plants are meant to be part of Night Elf forces
  • Changed Varok's line to say Sira is defeated
  • Changed Arcane Golems to Blood Golems with new model
  • Changed Monstrous Shredder model
  • Made Awakened Protectors more distinct with special tinting
  • Didn't fix bridge pathing, oh well
  • Fixed DISBTN for Hippogrpyhs, Taming skill now pre-researched
  • Fixed Monstrous Shredder codex entry
  • Replaced Shandris' FoK spell to something else ranged
  • Not sure I can fix issues with rooting Ancients, and lack of portrait for Tree of Life
  • Changed Crocolisks' alignment
  • Fixed trigger where Purple keeps attacking
  • Removed a few decorative trees in Lordanel level
  • Removed backpack skill
  • Removed defeat condition which showed up in Codex entries
  • Removed Devotion Aura in Mystic Devotion Ring
  • Changed alignment of Murray's forces, remember, according to Blizzard, Sylvanas isn't a "bad guy"

Thanks again for the comprehensive list. Oh boy.
The campaign is as good as it'll ever be, hopefully. Thanks to everyone for all the help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.