• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Looking for blue tranquility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I need a tranquility effect, but icy blue. Im making an ice storm spell based on tranquility. Preferably I want ice shards falling from the sky instead of rain.

Level 14
You didn't specify which of the two effects related to tranquillity you wanted, caster- or target-. So I recolored both. I made two different versions if you want something else let me know.

Attachments

• TranquilitIce.mdx
    86.4 KB · Views: 33
  • TranquilitIce2.mdx
    86.4 KB · Views: 33
  • TranquilitIceTarget.mdx
    3.5 KB · Views: 31
  • TranquilitIceTarget2.mdx
    3.5 KB · Views: 26
Level 14
Well, in this case I also changed textures, but the general answer is yes you can recolor to some extent without resorting to different texturing.
  1. You can color a geoset through its Geoset Animation, "Color" suboption.
    It's a very crude recoloring because it's not textured and all uniform over the geoset, but it has the plus of being able to be animated.
  2. Many effects, tranquillity included, rely almost entirely on particles and ribbons, which are very easy to recolor
That's the extent of what I discovered so far :)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
  • You can color a geoset through its Geoset Animation, "Color" suboption.
    It's a very crude recoloring because it's not textured and all uniform over the geoset, but it has the plus of being able to be animated.
  • Many effects, tranquillity included, rely almost entirely on particles and ribbons, which are very easy to recolor
Is this not just tinting the texture by scaling the components? And not swapping bands?

Level 14
Your question honors me, don't get me wrong, but do you really believe that a guy like me with barely a month's worth of very minimal model editing and 0 background knowledge can even attempt to answer the question of the guy who wrote BLP Specifications (WC3)

No way lol. I don't even know what the term band refers to. I'm convinced that the geoset animation coloring has similarities with the rgb coloring that one can specify in the object editor in the we.

Status
Not open for further replies.