• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Looking for Artist(s) for my Java game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey there,

I'm in the process of making a Java game for PC (and perhaps cellphones / tablets) and am looking for an artist (or many).

About the game:
It's a grid based card game. Basically, you can play cards anywhere around your 'King'. Cards can move any number of tiles allowed by their 'movement' value. Cards can also attack. Their attack range determines how many tiles away they can attack from.
Cards cost mana to play so you can either play 1 really powerful card or many weak cards. Mana is regained each turn.
The goal of the game is to kill the enemy king through the use of magic cards and monster cards.

What I need (note that I need 2d sprites):
1) Monster cards. Monster cards need 4 animations: idle, move, attack, and death animations. They should be fairly simple and short animations. Some cards may require a 5th "special" animation.

2) Spell cards. Only 1 "activation" animation is required (along with the card image, of course).

3) Tiles' art & various special effects (summoning, possible tiles that can be moved to effects, etc.)

Will you be paid? Short answer: don't expect it. I may never release the game, it may not make money, etc. If it does make money, of course, my first thought will be giving back to the artists involved but it might not happen. (Of course, it's in my best interest to do my utmost to make sure it becomes a good game.)

If you're interested or would like more information, please let me know.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Maybe use non graphical representation screenshots, where you've drew some rectangles with different colors to show us your idea more and prove us you've actually done something

Level 12
Not an artist, but I've been familiarizing myself with the gamedev topic lately.
As long as you do not plan to release it commercially, make placeholder art yourself. It sounds like you don't need an excessive amount of art but still not a tiny amount. It's very unlikely that you will find someone to do many hours of good quality work for free.
IF you should plan to release it (so you think you have a chance of making money) hire someone or learn to do good art by yourself. I do not know a lot about it but polycount or freelancer might be good sites to look for artists.

Status
Not open for further replies.