• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

LoL's Skillshot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
A skillshot is a type of champion ability that casts a projectile that originates from the casting champion and requires careful aim to hit a target. Circular AoE abilities are not considered skillshots.
There are several types of skillshots that follow the above rules. Depending on the area they affect, they can be Linear or Conic. Depending if they only hit the first target they collide with or if they pass through and damage all units in the area. Also, the latter may travel to damage units in its path, or it could have an instantaneous travel and damage all units in the target area as soon as it finishes casting.

To land a skillshot it is important to consider the speed of the projectile (which is ability-specific) and the enemy movement.

There are also vector skillshots, which are aimed from an area surrounding the champion, as opposed to originating on the champion itself.

180px-Line_missile_indicator.jpg

This linear missile path indicator is a distinctive feature of nearly all skillshots.
Source: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Skillshot

Is it possible to create this in Warcraft III?

Level 9
Here are some solved problems

1.) Projectile travels to the max distance. (fixed that since the skill i imported already has a feature that projectile only travels on targeted point if less than max distance)

2.) Hero walks if cast point is greater than max distance traveled by projectile. (fixed that through forum by maker)

3.) Changing this would cause all abilities to have this instead of a target indicator. (fixed this since i dont have any AOE skills, i'll change the ability and missile path indicator to AOE so other skills like blink would still have a target indicator

Problems

1.) I dont know how to make cursors. HAHAHA GG

EDIT: is there a source for LoL cursor? i already have the dota2 cursor in warcraft 3 but i wish i had LoL instead. hahaha

Level 9
so the best way to attain this is to request from someone?

EDIT : can someone move this to request??

Last edited:
Level 16
There is no way you can make skillshots as good as in lol. Tho it is possible to make spells reminding of it but id assume its too advanced according to your post count

Creating a skillshot spell is easy mode, I've done a lot of them already; it's the indicator that's problematic. And it also was OP's main concern.

Well, with some insane workarounds it could be possible, but it wouldn't really be reliable and would have a lot of drawbacks. Although my last attempt at working with the interface kinda failed, I needed another, sucky method achieve what I wanted that I'm not really happy with.

So my answer is: possibly no; I haven't seen a map with such feature and WC3's 10 years old already.

Even if you took DGUI, had a map with a full trackable map and a custom spellbar, you wouldn't be able to detect the right click event, thus only pressing the escape key would be the only way to cancel the cast, which would be kinda frustrating to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.