• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Locusts won't avoid pathing blockers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I have a missile-type unit that has a "fly" movement and a height of 3.00. However, although it is a locust, and using the "Turn collision off" with the triggers, it still won't go through pathing blockers (air).

Weirder.. if its a line of air pathing blockers, i find it funny how ground units also avoid them unless you tell them to go right INTO them.. x_X

but thats not my problem.. the missile won't scale a cliff with an air pathing blocker on top, but will normally (obviously)

Any way around this? I need it to be able to move around and be given move orders too btw.. so it can't be turned into a missile, unless someone wants to redo my whole ability for me lol :p

Thanks,

Level 19
yes those guyz ignore every pathing things
try adding and removing locust :/ well they will be right clickable but they will be invulnurable and not selectable

Level 5
Actually... the way I work it is create the orb missile unit and then hide it. When the ability is cast.. it moves the unit and unhides it, and yes, refreshes the locust ability so you can't select it/click it... and then i order it to move somewhere every .20 sec...

Level 19
you cant select it already but you can right click to it yea sounds little weird
not sure of it will obey pathing blockers in that way either but it should

Level 5
I tried this:

test
  • Events
    • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -test as An exact match
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 Locust for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of to <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Move To (Center of Region 002 <gen>)
Obviously there was a line of Pathing blocker (air) in there.. and its actually pretty cool to see if you guys wanna try it yourself with ONE locust unit, it's really small lol, but yeah, it doesn't work, it goes around.

Level 8
Are you sure turning off pathing collision for the unit didn't work?

Did you turn off unit pathing collision before or after you locust'd?

Because turning off unit pathing collision should let any unit move through anything...

Alternatively, this could be an AI issue, and the locust can actually move through it, but the AI pathing tells it to move around.

Level 5
@Anarki: You saw my test trigger... it's obviously a pathing AI issue.... its the same with if you put AIR blockers in an entrance, and tell a ground unit to move through.. they think its a wall until you manually feed them through it.

@PurplePoot Yeah.. but I need it to have a height..

For the record.. I sort of came up with a solution.. : I'm not giving orders at all.. instead, every 0.03 sec of game time when the ability is cast.. I set a Real_RollingDistance, and then *basically* move the unit every 15 or so, and then update the rollingdistance :) Works great, but I still wanna know how to make units ignore pathing.. thats sort of still important.

Status
Not open for further replies.