• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Locust Swarm - spawn point missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi there:)
I have a Druid of the Talon (Storm Crow Form) - Fly Unit
When i cast this spell, the spawn point of the insects is on the ground while Druid(Crow Form) is in the air..
How i can set the spawn point wherever i want like in the origin of the unit or maybe the chest?

Level 24
Oof, beg your pardon, I misread your opening about having it NOT spawn on the ground as the reverse.
Unfortunately warcraft 3 abilities are hard coded and do not have small options like "Casting Height"; however, by using bribes oh-so-wonderful systems we can do with one trigger.

Try the test map, all you need to copy it over is the system and the one line denoting whether it's the default locust or a custom locust of your making.

Edit: Explanation! You cannot detect when locusts are being made due to their innate ability called Locust which makes them untargetable, the work around naturally becomes unit indexer which circumvents the warcraft 3 spaghetti entirely detecting when the unit spawns regardless.

Attachments

• Locust Swarm height modifications.w3x
    92.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Level 10
Oof, beg your pardon, I misread your opening about having it NOT spawn on the ground as the reverse.
Unfortunately warcraft 3 abilities are hard coded and do not have small options like "Casting Height"; however, by using bribes oh-so-wonderful systems we can do with one trigger.

Try the test map, all you need to copy it over is the system and the one line denoting whether it's the default locust or a custom locust of your making.

Edit: Explanation! You cannot detect when locusts are being made due to their innate ability called Locust which makes them untargetable, the work around naturally becomes unit indexer which circumvents the warcraft 3 spaghetti entirely detecting when the unit spawns regardless.

It is way more complicated than i was thinking..
Thank you for help:)
+4

Status
Not open for further replies.