• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Locust swarm duration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hey, is it possible to set the duration of locust swarm to more than 5 minutes? Because even with duration set to 3600 it only lasts for 5 minutes.

Level 24
hmm, might need to trigger it then if you don't care about the healing, just get a dummy to cast it and move to the original caster's position every X seconds.
Once, say every 60 seconds that the original caster is still alive for, order the dummy to recast it, thus ignoring the 5 minute limit.

P.s. If you need help with this part let me know.

Level 2
hmm, might need to trigger it then if you don't care about the healing, just get a dummy to cast it and move to the original caster's position every X seconds.
Once, say every 60 seconds that the original caster is still alive for, order the dummy to recast it, thus ignoring the 5 minute limit.

P.s. If you need help with this part let me know.

Don't worry, I already did it
It's not MUI but good enough for what I'm trying to do
Ty for the suggestion : )

Have you tried using Shift + Enter to bypass the duration limit?

Yes. I tried 9999999 and even smaller values, like 600 seconds. It always ends in 5 minutes / 300 seconds for some reason.
Anything below 300 works fine though.

I think I will mark this as solved
+rep for you guys

Level 12
Sorry to reply to a "solved" thread.

It is very possible that your Locust Swarm does not last the duration you set for another reason.

Once a Locust Swarm unit reaches the Data - Damage Return Threshold, it returns to the Locust Swarm caster to return a % of the damage , healing the caster

Try setting that threshold value to something big like 9999999 and see if they don't last a bit longer ;-)

Hope this helps !

Level 12
Thanks, but unfortunately it didn't work either :(
Must be a limitation of the spell, idk why

Well this is bad news if the max duration of Locust Swarm is hardcoded.

I suppose the only solution is indeed simulating it with a trigger.

You could use a modified Summon Water Elemental, and use the player unit event : EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SUMMON (i don't remember the exact GUI equivalent)

Then in the actions, create x other identical units for the player at the position of the summoned unit (with or without an offset) and add an identical timed life to them.
If you want to simulate the spawn interval though, you will probably need to use timers.

Level 2
Man I really don't want to create the skill with triggers, particularly because of the movement of the locust.
Seems a lot of work to make it work you know.
Besides, the solution using the dummy unit is fine for what I'm doing so I will just keep it.
Thanks anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.