• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Locust Swarm Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys, I want to change the damage of that spell according to the hero's intelligence, but I cant really find a way of doing that, maybe I will have to create a whole trigger for a new locust swarm spell?

Or anyone knows if there's already a triggered locust swarm spell based?
Thanks in advance

Level 11
Set a variable for your hero like:

Events: A unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions: Ability being cast equal to YourLocustAbility and Unit-type of attacking unit equal to LocustUnit
Actions: set udg_VarHero = GetSpellAbilityUnit

Then make another trigger:

Events: A unit is attacked
Conditions: Owner of attacking unit equal to owner of VarHero
Actions: Unit - Cause attacking unit to damage attacked unit dealing intelligence of VarHero of type whatever you like type what ever you like.

Note: Just make sure that your locust unit has it's attack damage point and cast backs set to 0.0, so when the trigger starts, the timing on the attack and the damage will be exactly the same.

Last edited:
Level 4
Set a variable for your hero like:

Events: A unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions: Ability being cast equal to YourLocustAbility
Actions: set udg_VarHero = GetSpellAbilityUnit

Then make another trigger:

Events: A unit is attacked
Conditions: Owner of attacking unit equal to owner of VarHero
Actions: Unit - Cause attacking unit to damage attacked unit dealing intelligence of VarHero of type whatever you like type what ever you like.

Note: Just make sure that your locust unit has it's attack damage point and cast backs set to 0.0, so when the trigger starts, the timing on the attack and the damage will be exactly the same.

Thanks but ur trigger has many flaws, cause every attack by my hero would trigger it and I dont want it, I'm pretty sure I already saw a GuI locust swarm spell made here, I just cant find it..

Level 33
You do know that Locust Swarm is actually a Summoning-type Spell ?
It spawns multiple of units around your Hero and damage any nearby enemy unit within its contact.
You know how it deals the damage ?
It comes from the unit itself, yes, it's a unit, the name of the unit is "Locust" (search for it in Object Editor).

Ok, once you have found it, you just need to change its damage according to your Hero's INT, right ?
First, change the Locust's Damage Field to these:
Combo - Attack 1 - Damage Base: 0
Combo - Attack 1 - Damage Number of Dice: 1
Combo - Attack 1 - Damage Sides per Die: 1

By changing to these setup, your Locust now will deal damage of 1-1 (that is the minimum damage for it can get if the Hero's INT is 0).

Next, you would implement a bonus mod system, which will modify your unit's attack damage to your will.

But first, I need to solve this first: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/linking-units-225630/#post2245138

Once I solved that, I can do this for you.

EDIT:
Can the Hero be created more than 1 unit at a time in that game ?
Can the Hero be controlled more than 1 players at a time in that game ?

Level 4
Each player can control one hero, but the hero can be chosen freely, and may be there 2 heros or more with this spell

Status
Not open for further replies.