• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Locust Swarm ability where the locusts attacks (heals) nearby friendly units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
How do i make locusts attack nearby friendly units? I can simply use bribe's damage detector to change their damage to heal so its no problem but i kinda want them to attack so it stacks a bit

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Not too sure if it's hardcoded... You may be out of luck.

You could try changing the owner of the Locusts. Not sure if you'll have issues getting reference to these units though. I would first try to see if they fire a "A unit enters map" Event to see if you can get them like that. I know you can't find them using Pick Every Unit. One potential fix to this would be to Remove the Locust ability from them in the OE then in the Enters map trigger change their owner and add Locust to them.

I don't think this will work though. You would probably be better off creating the spell from scratch yourself.

Last edited:
Level 6
Not too sure if it's hardcoded... You may be out of luck.

You could try changing the owner of the Locusts. Not sure if you'll have issues getting reference to these units though. I would first try to see if they fire a "A unit enters map" Event to see if you can get them like that. I know you can't find them using Pick Every Unit. One potential fix to this would be to Remove the Locust ability from them in the OE then in the Enters map trigger change their owner and add Locust to them.

I don't think this will work though. You would probably be better off creating the spell from scratch yourself.
They can be detected by "A unit enters map", and changed ownership, but my problem with the simple changed ownership (to Neutral Extra) technique is that units "attacked" by locusts run away.
Its a tad bit annoying, so I probably just add a small unholy aura in the locusts. even if it doesnt stack

Level 6
Could you catch the attack with the "A unit is attacked" event and interrupt it/heal in response?
I did. I used Bribe's Damage Engine and made the attack to be a heal, but annoyingly, units run away from the locusts.

Level 7
Alternatively, what comes to my mind, you could remove the attack of the locusts altogether, and add a customized heal ability. I don't know if they will cast it, but if they do, you can set the locust swarm ability to target allies (as previously noted), the attacks will do nothing (so hopefully they just move to allied units), then they can use a short distance heal ability.
If you decide to try this, let us know if it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.