• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Locust Killable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Right now for the map, i told that Capital Ships send Fighters, they will be Killable.

Fighters=Destroy other Fighters and Bombers.
Bombers=Go against enemy big ships.

So, i want to make them fight themselves at mid-space while big ships shoot against each other.
That makes the game way cooler!

Level 3
But they will lose the way they "move".

Do you have any idea of any spell that can make them move like a locust without the Locust spell?

Level 24
Locust doesnt change movement by far.

Locust
- removes unit selection.
- removes unit collision.
- removes targetability.
- ignores pathability and collision.
- hides unit UI (health bar, selection circle).
- does not show up in group enumerations by region.

Level 3
If you only use Locust Swarm with the unit whitout the Locust, they will just appear and work normally, they will not move as when the crypt lord uses his spell and they move around him and attack.

Level 4
Units with the ability "Locust" are untargetable and unkillable. I don't think you can select them with Unit Groups either (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Therefore, if you want to keep the behavior, they can't be "killable".

..However, they all die if the caster of the Locust Swarm dies.

I think you can create multiple units that all cast a custom Locust Swarm that only creates 1 "Locust" and figure out a way to work around that. It would be difficult for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.