• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"Locust" ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've seen an ability named Locust when i was trying to add a new ability to my unit, but i couldn't find it in the abilities (in the object editor ability ear). What is that?
THX a lot

Level 11
locust ability is the ability given to the units that spawn for the cryptlord, it makes them not highlight when hovered, and unselectable / targetable. I'm pretty sure they also dont show up in "pick every unit" or "count number of units" as well with that ability. Kind of makes it like the unit doesnt exist

Level 11
all you need is its ID code and you can apply it through triggers with JASS or "custom script"

Level 24
He wasn't trying to add it, he only saw it while looking for something else. Anyways, the ability "Locust" does not exist in the Spells section of the Object Editor, I've looked (and been an ass about it not existing). What it does is make it so that in-game players have effectively no interaction with the units that have locust; they do not have selection circles, cannot be clicked on, cannot be given orders, and cannot be attacked.

Level 9
Tried...

• Triggz
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Constructed structure)) Equal to Hatchery
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1.00 of (Position of (Constructed structure)) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to LOCUSTS! (Large))) and do (Unit - Explode (Picked unit))
Locusts! Is the locust unit, of course. It doesn't go away, sadly, but does when I remove the Locust ability.

Level 7
No. Units with locust WILL NOT be picked in pick all units in area, etc. The only way to include them is to create all units with locust using triggers and add them to a unit group, and whenever you pick all units in range or region, etc. you have to pick that group too.
Units with locust lose all forms of UI. They have no life or mana bars, even if you hold alt. They cannot be select by clicking or box selection, and are not affected by AoE spells. They also cannot be autotargeted by units, and finally cannot be issued an order through triggers or non-triggers. (and cant be force-selected through triggers)
One major fallback with Locust is that if you add it then remove it, the unit that you added it to will remain unselectable by clicking (must box-select) and will lose its mana and health bars overhead.
I usually remove my dummy casters by adding expiration timers to them, it works fine.

Level 11
create the unit
set unit variable = last created unit

then you can "pick" that unit by referring to it by its variable, thats the only way

Status
Not open for further replies.