• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Loading Screen Poblems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Naahh.. Making screens like that is not a good idea :D go to google.com and type down "Download World Editor Unlimited" and find version 1.20! It will not work for advanced triggers if your using a better WE version, but it will work for loadscreens and minimap screens for sure :)

Level 17
Naahh.. Making screens like that is not a good idea :D go to google.com and type down "Download World Editor Unlimited" and find version 1.20! It will not work for advanced triggers if your using a better WE version, but it will work for loadscreens and minimap screens for sure :)

Don't, 99% of hives users agree that it's a bad program to use.
It can easily corrupt your maps,
It isn't compatible with new wc3 as far as I know.
It does not help you make loadinscreens and minimaps as far as I know.
If you must use a third party editor then you should use JassNewGen.

Just.. Don't.. Use.. WEU.. It sucks.

Level 23
Don't, 99% of hives users agree that it's a bad program to use.
It can easily corrupt your maps,
It isn't compatible with new wc3 as far as I know.
It does not help you make loadinscreens and minimaps as far as I know.
If you must use a third party editor then you should use JassNewGen.

Just.. Don't.. Use.. WEU.. It sucks.

True...

As it comes for the loading screen it can be done in two ways.
It can either be done by one image or by overwriting the paths to the campaign/melee loading screens.

For the first one see this: World-Editor Tutorials Site - Loading Screen
(note that you don't have to use ULEAD Photo Impact for it. Simply any program such as Photoshop can give you the same thing)

For the second one, I made an ancient post some time ago about it.
First, if you open the map in the editor and then go to the Map properties screen, make sure that "use default loading screen" is checked.

(Make sure all 4 parts of the loading screen are using .blp format)
When you import the parts, make sure you replace the parts to the following parts
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\[replaceable name here].blp
usethishv3.jpg

Now, the paths I've underlined will always contain on every screen, no matter what race you have chosen. The other ones are changing determinated on that.

To fix this easily, you could
A) change all the "playing" players races to have the same one at the beginning.
B) override all the parts with same corresponding images, but it will probably end up by taking too much space of your map.
What is not mentioned however is that the size of them should be saved as followed:
botleft and botright 512x256
topleft and topright 512x512

Also, everything converted to blp-format.

Status
Not open for further replies.