• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Loading Screen curly iron thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Okay so I made this. It's a little rusty around a few of the edges (by my standards anyway) but let me know what you think and if need be, I can touch it up.

Attachments

• Loading Screen (Alpha).tga
    560.4 KB · Views: 38

N41

N41

Level 7
You should remove the loading bar, what's the point of keeping it there?
You need the outline so that the loading bar is shown within :wink:
However the blue bar is not needed else it will confuse users..
I made little changes and made it symmetrical, however original credits go to Dehua_Darbuya.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IronBackLoadScreenTrans.png
    IronBackLoadScreenTrans.png
    354.6 KB · Views: 162
Okay so I made this. It's a little rusty around a few of the edges (by my standards anyway) but let me know what you think and if need be, I can touch it up.

You need the outline so that the loading bar is shown within :wink:
However the blue bar is not needed else it will confuse users..
I made little changes and made it symmetrical, however original credits go to Dehua_Darbuya.

attachment.php

Thanks for that! The first definitely looks better. Also, the loading bar doesn't need to be there, it gets added in-game (at least when you use a stock loading screen model).

I should have posted a source image though. A lot of quality is lost when using a screenshot. Any chance you could redo it from this image? Sorry :x The very small and dark holes don't need to be cut out if that can save some time/effort.

Attachments

• Loading.tga
    2.9 MB · Views: 36
Level 8
You should remove the loading bar, what's the point of keeping it there?

Whoops, knew I forgot something! :p

Thanks for that! The first definitely looks better. Also, the loading bar doesn't need to be there, it gets added in-game (at least when you use a stock loading screen model).

I should have posted a source image though. A lot of quality is lost when using a screenshot. Any chance you could redo it from this image? Sorry :x The very small and dark holes don't need to be cut out if that can save some time/effort.

Yeah I could give it another go. I just realised how bad those fuzzy edges are so this might take a fair bit longer than before. Maybe few hours but it'll be worth it! :D

Edit: Okay how about now?

Edit2: Do you want me to reduce the file size?

Edit3: So I decided to try out the load screen I created and to my horror discovered a lot of imperfections regarding the alpha channels. It looks like what N41 posted earlier and it seems that only 100% alpha'd areas will become transparent when imported; anything less and the non-alpha pixels show up... But I assume you won't be using the image I made on its own, right loktar? :S

Attachments

• Loading Screen (Alpha X).tga
    544.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Level 8
:O This is perfect! Awesome, thanks!
I will indeed not be using it on its own. I'm importing it into GIMP to overlaying it onto other images. Example:
attachment.php

Thanks again man!

edit: aww, wanted to give you rep, but I have to "spread around" some first :(

No worries. Thought the fuzzy edges would become too obvious but your image looks sweet as! All I had was this. :p
attachment.php

Attachments

• Example Loading Screen.jpeg
    Example Loading Screen.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 131
Status
Not open for further replies.