• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

default loading image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I want to change the defualt loading image so that everyone can see the minimap image and the player loading bars, but also so my background image is behind it insted of the regular one. i need to change the default background loading image, does anyone know the path to that? This was done with Swat Aftermath. i think i explained this clearly enough, but if not i can post a screen of what was done in Swat Aftermath's loading image if you need it.

Edit (this is also in my post below)

perhaps i misled you, i know how to make a loading screen. im not a n00b map maker. to be honest im actually quite good with custome loading screens. what im talking about would be this:

a loading screen where it shows all the player loading bars and the minimap image on the left. This is the default for all multiplayer maps, in which u cant add any text on it. in other words, the default loading image where it shows all the player loading bars.

now behind that, their is a dull tan background behind that. i want to find a path to overwrite that, so i can have the player loading bars, minimap image and my background. not just a custome loading screen like most maps, a default loading screen (all player loading bars and minimap image on left), with a custome loading screen in the background.

in order to do that, i need to know the path of the tan default loading screen so i can put in a loading screen overwriting the default path. its not just a normal loading screen.

Last edited:
Level 7
I think he actually wanted it so that he could have the individual player loading bars, I know there is a way to actually make your loading screen variate depending on what race you are, I've seen it done, just don't know how it was done, (involves changing half the loading screen)

Level 11
perhaps i misled you, i know how to make a loading screen. im not a n00b map maker. to be honest im actually quite good with custome loading screens. what im talking about would be this:

a loading screen where it shows all the player loading bars and the minimap image on the left. This is the default for all multiplayer maps, in which u cant add any text on it. in other words, the default loading image where it shows all the player loading bars.

now behind that, their is a dull tan background behind that. i want to find a path to overwrite that, so i can have the player loading bars, minimap image and my background. not just a custome loading screen like most maps, a default loading screen (all player loading bars and minimap image on left), with a custome loading screen in the background.

in order to do that, i need to know the path of the tan default loading screen so i can put in a loading screen overwriting the default path. its not just a normal loading screen.

Level 7
As for changing them, remap two others (like orc for another team) and you can have it customized per team (well race) If that's what you wanted, if you get it to work like that, I'd love to see some screenies of it! Might want to do something like that in my map actually

Level 9
a good way to solve that problem is...
if you have any texture that doesn't have text, I'd half it.

Say, if it were 256 x 256, make it 128 x 128
Should keep a good amount of quality but save some room.

That way you maaaaay be able to squeeze another load screen in there.

The problem with halving the ones with text on them is it will make some text hard to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.