• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lizard warrior 5 mins concept

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all !

As most of you know I am noob when it comes to draw something really good and especially characters . But for modelling something it is better to draw it first and see all features and proportions . I have tried to draw something from my mind but it was all crap even now when I have life drawing classes and some knowledge of anatomy it is hard to draw something very quickly . So here is 5 mins concept of my imagination . I have included all base references which were used in realisation of this rapid concept .

bskbfvgpaw.thumb500.jpg

uuaigdatdq.jpg

My technic is simple u take the picture and just paint on top of it with colour you wish . Lets say here I chose dark green for shadow and light green for light . It is very easy to paint on top of your photo reference because you can see all the shadow areas and all the light areas very clearly . It is also could be called cheating :) But if you feel yourself good with shadowing and lightning you can just look at you references and paint on clear blank . This is not cheating after all :)

The second picture shows you the front view which was done exactly the same method as the front view . I have used front photo references for it :) The proportions are not so correct but it is easy to correct when you will make the whole model"s shape .

For the head to fit the body better you should make the area around the neck more meaty or give it more muscles around the trapezius (or fat, as it seems you are going for a choppy snake-man).

A proper muscle diagram: http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n39/iskender73/muscle_diagram.jpg

I have some books and pictures of anatomy but this picture is very useful too ! Thank you very much .

What about the neck , yes it is wrong and also shoulders are wrong and there are some more small mistakes :) When I was doing this I didnt look at anatomy at all :)

But thanx for the diagram very like it :) Maybe you have more of these ?

Status
Not open for further replies.