• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

liquid fire for melee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
What's your purpose?

Are you trying to stop units from repairing a structure?
Are you trying to just slow the attacked units attack speed/movement?

If its the second you can use slow poison and just change the buff to look like liquid fire.

If its the first you could check to see when a unit tries to "repair" then order them to stop and throw a custom error message

Level 13
Hm, I cannot remember if buildings take DoT from liquid fire, I'm going to assume no...

However you could give the units you want to do the liquid fire attack a dummy ability that has it so when this unit with this ability attacks a structure it creates a dummy unit with an aura that only affects buildings but adds no bonuses to them, (ALTHOUGH, if you want easy DoT you could try unholy aura with negative values) Just check to see if there is already a dummy on this building to filter out excess dummy creation, set the expiration of this dummy to the duration you'd like the buff to last. As for the special effects you could either try and do something like moving the aura "buff" special effect overhead but I'm pretty sure it will look bad, alternatively you could create a special effect at the position of the attacked unit and destroy it when its finished.

As for the stopping repair, check when the unit is issued the repair order and if the building has the buff throw the error message and tell repairing unit to Stop

I hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.