• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

change missile art by trigger/dummy passive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
in my map i use archers. i want to make an upgrade that provides fire arrows for them, which damage the attacked unit over time
for the DoT i wanted to use batriders liquid fire
that all works fire, but now i want to change the missile art aswell
i tried it with orb-effect-based dummy passives but orb effects overwrite liquid fire
i also tried with sphere and other passives but i couldnt find a solution
please help!

Level 4
Adding the Lightning Attack ability might work. Just make sure that you set it so no lightning effect is used in the ability, and set the missile art to whatever you want.

My apologies if it does not work, I am not able to test it at the moment.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
There aren't many options for changing projectile art, although the Lighting attacks (mentioned above) seems to be the best one. Demolisher's burning oil can work too, although it requires more customization.

Using the first option you have to null the 'Art - Lighting effect' + 'Art - Target' fields.
Make sure missile's curve and it's speed have the same values as the unit's one (ofcourse the unit who actually uses the ability).

Level 1
sir how can i change my missile cuz i dont want archers to throw arrow i want them to throw lasers or beam can you tell me how can i do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.