• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Linking Imported Model to Object

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I need help linking an imported model, to a game unit. I followed the tutorial; however, I found a flaw between my imported files, and those of the tutorial's. The File Type of the tutorial's imported models is Model, while the File Type of my imported models is Other; thus, the Object Manager will not let me link an imported model to the existing one, becasue it cannot find any imported files with a file type of Model. Help would be appreciated, as the entire structure of my map is hinged on imported models.:sad:

Level 8
Recnet Discovery

I have recently (five seconds after posting the thread) discovered that the most likely problem is that I have not imported the skins. There is a reason for this: I do not have them. In each one of the downloads, I have selected only the large, green button just before the posts that says Download Model: '...' . I am wondering now where the option is to download the skins, or, if I have downloaded the model improperly, or, if, since I am using a Microsoft computer and the tutorials were made using a Macintosh, that it is simply a difference between my computer and that which was used in the tutorials. Help is greatly appreciated.:gg:

Status
Not open for further replies.