• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign Editor - Custom Data and Imported Files?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am sure this question has been asked before and has been answered mutliple times; but I just cannot figure this out. Im starting a little campaign and in the Campaign Editor you have the 4 tabs. The ones im concerned about are the Imported Files and Custom Data . I couldnt figure out how to use all the imported files and all the custom in all my maps included in the campaign (if it is possible). So, I searched Blizzard's Warcraft Editor help page and it said:

Custom Data

Each of your campaign maps has access to all objects in this centralized Object Editor. Any units, items, doodads, abilities or upgrades that are here will be useable by your campaign maps. See the Object Editor documentation for more explicit details.

Imported Files

Each of your campaign maps has access to all imported files in this centralized Import Manger. Any files that you have imported here will be usable by any of your campaign maps. See the Import Manager for more explicit details.

I already know how to create custom models and import files correctly so thats not the problem. Any help? (Sorry for the lengthy post)

My mistake... i think i found my problem. I was loading the maps from my original files; you should edit all maps from the campaign editor once you import a map; i never loaded them from the editor. Sorry for this post :oops:

And thanks alot for your help Ramza :D

Level 22
whats the part u dont understand? just import all the files with the imported tab in campaign editor (dont import any resource in normal map import managers) and if open a map thats part of the campaign, ull c u can use the imported files. works just like campaign units. units u make in the custom data (will be blue) can be used by every map that the campaign uses

Status
Not open for further replies.