• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lindormr Dragon

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
Lindormr Dragon

It took over a year to finish this model, but I think it was worth it.

Model and texture made by Olof Moleman
Animated by Jigrael

Texture path:
LindormrDragon.blp

Recommended WE settings:
Use Druid of the Talon as base

Land dragon:
Animation - Run Speed 230.00
Animation - Walk Speed 230.00
Death Time (seconds) 2.00
Selection Scale 4.00
Attack 1 - Range 115
Attack 1 - Weapon Type normal
Collision Size 70

Flying dragon:
Death Time (seconds) 1.30
Selection Scale 4.00
Attack 1 - Range 115
Attack 1 - Weapon Type normal
Collision Size 70

Morph ability (Take of and land/Storm Crow Form):
Landing Delay Time 0.50
Casting Time 1.90

I also made an alternate Undead skin for this model, it can be found here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/skins/1316

Give credit if you use this in your map.

Please DO NOT distribute or modify this resource without permission.

Keywords:
Dragon, Lindormr, Lindorm, Lindworm, Lindwyrm, Serpent
Contents

Lindormr Dragon (Model)

Lindormr Dragon (Model)

Reviews
Chriz.: Let me approve this amazing model. Works in game, looks amazing and wonderful quality from two well-known artists of the Warcraft Modding community. Once again you guys have outdone yourselves.
Just to see what would happen, I exported the texture at 50% quality. The detail lose is not huge, and is exceptable seeing and it reduces the texture's size from almost 700 KBs to 90 KBs

The one one the bottom is using the .blp with the lowered quality. The difference is there, hardly noticable and pretty good IMO because it raises the usablity of this model alot.

Comparing.jpg

Level 1
yeah sorry it turns out i did have all the setting right its just the dragon was flying and than it paused in mid air and than it ws flying i reseted my world editor and now its working perfectly.

I plan to add horns, etc... too. The reason I cannot make my own models is that I do not have 3DS Max 5. I have Maya 8.5 and 3DS Max 9 but Warcraft III Modeling tools by Blizzard do not work with them.
You're not gonna add anything, I never said anyone could modify the model wthout permission.

And I didn't make this with any professional modeling program, this model was made with Oinkerwinkle's Vertex Modifier. Wich anyone can download and start modeling with.

Deep Sea Kraken said:
Just to see what would happen, I exported the texture at 50% quality. The detail lose is not huge, and is exceptable seeing and it reduces the texture's size from almost 700 KBs to 90 KBs

The one one the bottom is using the .blp with the lowered quality. The difference is there, hardly noticable and pretty good IMO because it raises the usablity of this model alot.
I wanted a proper, high quality dragon, unlike the ingame dragons, that's mainly why I did not make the texture size smaller.

Level 8
You're not gonna add anything, I never said anyone could modify the model wthout permission. And I didn't make this with any professional modeling program, this model was made with Oinkerwinkle's Vertex Modifier. Wich anyone can download and start modeling with.

I only edit my own or Blizzard's models without permission. And I'm sure Jigrael did not animate it using Oinkerwinkle's tools otherwise the animation would have either been way too slow or else it would have been choppy. Oinkerwinkle's tools save only linear anims. This is the only reason I want to edit existing models rather than make my own.

Olof, even if you exported the skin at 90% quality, there would still be a noticable drop in filesize.

You could have the most pro looking model in existence, but nobody would use it if it was too big.
It's always better to have a high quality skin, because you can always decrease the quality and size, but you can never increase the quality. And if people are too lazy to compress the file some more, then that's their problem.

Level 3
Seriously, that thing could have been in WoW. Which I hate, but it's still a compliment >.>
Using it would more than double the size of some maps though XP
Not to say that if the need was there, a piece of work like that wouldn't be worth it.

Level 1
Very well done, to say the least.

And needless to say the aim's are much better than that of your t-rex, these look natural and smooth.

5/5 oh and whats happend to your other dragons i loved them...

Well, that old T-rex was made ages ago, so naturally I learned a thing or two as he time passed on.

And I removed the Hell Dragon and Crystal Dragon, mainly because they were based on WoW models, and not sufficiently modified in my opinion, and I'm not going to re-upload them elsewhere on the internet.
I was going to make a new Hell Dragon and Crystal dragon with this one as base, but I'm not sure I'll ever finish that.

Level 5
Excellent model, but some of the fly anims aren't very smooth: such as the attack, and when you order it to a point behind it, it sort of jumps to one side a little bit before continuing with the order... other than that, the best model i have ever seen 4.9/5

Level 2
WOW! i first saw the pics of you guys work for quet a time back... but thes is without doubt the best work iv seen on The Hive. BUT.... thes realy CALLS for an canibalize animation or something.... iv got it to work as a ((HERO)) and its just fine... iv imported round 30 - 38 deferent models ind my map... and using around 89% of em..... yet thes is just calling for 1 last animation.... thes breath anim is realy helpfull....

Heres my Rating of thes model
Model itself: 5/5
Anims: 4/5
Skin/texture: 5/5
Work layd in it: 5/5
Overal Rating: Verry good work!

WOW! i first saw the pics of you guys work for quet a time back... but thes is without doubt the best work iv seen on The Hive. BUT.... thes realy CALLS for an canibalize animation or something.... iv got it to work as a ((HERO)) and its just fine... iv imported round 30 - 38 deferent models ind my map... and using around 89% of em..... yet thes is just calling for 1 last animation.... thes breath anim is realy helpfull....

Heres my Rating of thes model
Model itself: 5/5
Anims: 4/5
Skin/texture: 5/5
Work layd in it: 5/5
Overal Rating: Verry good work!
That's impossible, a model can;t have all kinds of anims. A combination of alternate anims, devour or canibalize doesn't work.
This model already has both Alternate anims and Devour anims, what you are asking is impossible in Warcraft 3.

Level 3
That is awesome. I'm probably gonna use it in a swamp setting with the races Blood Elves,Trolls,Naga, and Night Elves. This is FTW!

Level 4
...i rarely commment on models no matter how terrific they are or stuff like that because so many other people have already told them and they know that they've done a bloody good job but ive had this model in my current project for awhile now and i just looked at it today...and said....wow...i cant believe he managed that. So i cant help but comment 5/5 mate, ur a legend :)

Level 4
how do i switch the model from land walking to his wings to flap open and fly. also i looked at your undead skin i kinda need help with that too. i looked at the tutorials so please dont send me any but i imported it and i'm at the import manager thing i look at the 2 files 1 of them is the original and the 2cnd is the undead one. so i saw in the tutorials that i have to make the skins path the same so i copied the path from your readme( which is the same as the original .blp file) and i copied it in so now their both the same. now when after i change i have changed the path i closed the box and the undead skin changed back to warcraftimportedmodel blah blah it didnt stay the same can you help me please

Last edited:
but a little correction, lindorms are dragons with no wings or limbs, this one looks more like a wyvern. (two wings, two feet, no hands.)
Wrong.

I don't know how many times I've had to say this.

It is a Lindworm, a Lindworm is a type of Wyvern.

Lindworms are scandinavian or germanic dragons with either no or two wings, and either no or two legs, this is the two wings two legs type. They basicly range from sea serpents to Wyverns.
And Wyverns are dragons with two wings and two legs, thus, this Lindworm is a type of Wyvern.

Level 4
Really breath taking model, you can see all the hard work put into it, but not really for me (don't like the color/file size is big but i'm not too amazed) would really love to see it in a Campaign or Boss fight type game. 5/5