• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dawn in the Dragon World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Title says everything. The dawn of a new day in the dragon world.

Credits to olofmoleman for the lindormr dragon model.

Edit: Fixed the problem with the sky and changed the terrain a bit.

Attachments

• DitDW.jpg
    DitDW.jpg
    922.9 KB · Views: 1,777
Last edited:
Level 18
this is kinda good.

i like the doodad spam. however, you have the rock texture in the front. It creates a strange feeling when looking at it. You should cover that with grass too, that way it looks like a hill, or the edge before a cliff.

the sky should be worked on. I suggest getting some fog, and a fogged sky.

Level 11
The problem with the sky is a glitch in the world editor that happens when you zoom out too much, I'll mess with the terrain outside the picture a little to see if I can get a good angle without having to zoom out the cam.

thedeathunterxx, there is a very light yellow fog, and the reason I didn't use fogged sky is because I wanted it to look like it was in another world, not in Azeroth.

Oh, and also, that is the back of the dragon, he is looking at the sun.

Level 17
Aye, it looks kind of cool but it is incredibly simple. A bunch of the same doodads covering a hill with the back of a depressed-looking dragon. You call this "Dawn of the Dragon World" This implies a more powerful feeling than what the picture is currentl showing I think.

Level 11
In case someone might have thought that I forgot this thread and ignored the last comments, I did not. I'm going to put new screenshots with a better view of the dragon, I just need to work on the rest of the environment of the dragon world because right now, the only thing in the terrain is that hill.
I ran out of ideas for it, but I've been looking at some fantasy pictures and I think I've found the inspiration I needed. Expect an update with new screens soon.

Level 8
I only have two issues with the current (as of this date) image.

1. The dragon butt - yeah now we know why they are called dragons, because their tails are a drag'n behind them. I do not know the model you are working with, is it at all possible to get his head up over his body? If so then get an image with head up. If not then get a side profile view so we can see what that critter is really looking at/doing.

2. That single rock sticking out of the heath/heather in the fore ground. Sink that puppy a wee bit.

I find the 'spam' of that single shrub type to work - but then I have been to the highlands and know that whole hills can be covered with heather. I have also been to the coasts of Northern California where vast areas are covered in a heath/heather type plant and in some seasons it is just 'greenery'.

Thus the over all feel I pick up from this particular image is a Scottish Dragon of Old in the highland heathers.

Status
Not open for further replies.