• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Limiting Fog of War to certain areas, possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Is it possible to limit Fog of War and Black Mass to just one area of the map?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Level 37
You can create a region, and create black mask over it:
  • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Black mask across Region 003 <gen>
Also creating a pre-set fog effect over region is possible:
  • Environment - Create at Region the weather effect Dungeon Green Fog (Heavy)

Level 8
I tried using the two triggers you listed, they did nothing.

Here's a picture of them, I tried it with and without Map Initialization just encase. Also, fog and black mass are automatically disabled at the start of the game, sorry I didn't mention this earlier but I figured it was obvious.

Trigger Fail.jpg

If you want to see the map's triggers, here is the map in question.
View attachment Outland Risk.w3x

*All triggers done by Priwin, not me.

Thank you in advance for any and all help :)

Level 37
If you disable black mask, then creating a black mask region won't do anything. Disabling black mask/ forg of war at map ini wasn't obvious, since one might to want to hide areas that were discovered. For example if you want to hide an area where hero choosing took place.

You need to turn on the weather efect:
  • Environment - Turn (Last created weather effect) On
Store the effect into a variable.

Level 8
My apologize, forgive my noobness.

Is there still hope for my cause Maker?

Thank you!! +rep for being helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.