• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Limit on Images?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I've heard that 99 texttags is an limit on texttags ; but i was curious if theres any sort of limitation on images.

http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=107707
I plan on using something close to this to re-code some parts of Anarchon's inventory for my map. And I was wondering what i'm getting into as far as using images instead of destructables before i go about it.

So is there a limit on images? Is there a limit on images "per player"?

Also any other info you want to tell me about em that seems like it could be important feel free to tell me(like maybe something bout alpha channels; or a newer vJASS script that someone else made that is more up to date than ImageUtils).

Edit:
Oh and what about text splats?
http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=107989
What is there speed relative to regular text tags? Do they work with any height at all so they can be displayed over another image? Would it update fast enough that tooltip hovering over items would be relatively instant?

Level 7
Well, i can't really check if theres a per player limit. My multiplayer for wc3 isn't working still. I really should just send a complaint to blizzard i've been banned for like over 2 weeks for no reason it's messed up.

Level 26
If you really think multiplayer would make a difference, test in LAN. You do not need additional players for that. But of course, if there is a restriction, the images would pile up for every player altogether (unless you do it asynchronously) because images are created only locally, no net-traffic. There is no "create image for player" native.

Level 7
I guess I could try testing in LAN by using Garena eh. . .

But of course, if there is a restriction, the images would pile up for every player altogether (unless you do it asynchronously) because images are created only locally, no net-traffic. There is no "create image for player" native.
And this i am aware of that you need to use local player blocks. Only testing will show if it suddenly desyncs though i guess.

I just hoped I'd be able to find someone here thats already done the testing before me. I mean i'm pretty sure the images have been tested before quite a bit since wc3's been out for so long.

Level 26
And I pointed out why you do not need other players. The only difference could have been between singleplayer and multiplayer >mode< (regardless of players). For example, when showing a dialog in singleplayer, the game stops, whereas in LAN/BNet even with you being the sole player the game untouchedly goes on.

But try it as you please. Any information of done tests could have been likewise false.

Level 7
Status
Not open for further replies.