• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lightning Breath Ability (help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys, and thanks in advance.
I am making a custom empire builder, and it's going well so far although I have hit a bump in the road.
I've created a hydra hero for the undead that specializes in breath attacks.
So far he has:
- fire blast (pretty much breath of fire, just without drunken haze and with slightly more range)
-poisonous breath (frost breath with disease cloud and for heroes)

I want to create his ultimate move now, lightning breath- but I am unsure as to how to create this. :goblin_cry:

I want him to stand and shoot a lightning beam (much like chain lightning) straight in a line of range 1000 and damage all units that are standing on it every by 50 hp.
Also, anyone have any ideas for another skill :goblin_jawdrop:
Can anyone help? I'll check again tomorrow as it's nearly midnight here and i might go :vw_sleep:
Thanks
JAYZORZ

Level 2
Sorry for the delay, Nah, I want him to stand and channel it for like 20 seconds, hurting everything that stays on it for 50 damage every second. Thanks.

Level 10
I'm not really sure what kind of ability you had in mind, but this is how i understood it. If you meant something else, try to give a more detailed description.
For skill idea:
3-headed attack
passive skill, which gives a chance to cast 3 waves when attacking
Code:
c = caster
t = target
|/ \ = wave attacks

c
     / t \
    /  |  \         
   /   |   \

Attachments

• Lightning Breath.w3x
    21.2 KB · Views: 74
Level 2
Thanks guys, My laptop broke but yeh. Sounds good erkki. + rep

Err after looking again, I was wondering if there was an easier way and erkki, not qutie what I wanted- though this is because of my lack of in depth explaination no doubt-

Simply put

I want my custom hero to have an ultimate ability that shoots a shockwave every second for 20 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.