• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Breath of Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok, yes I've been posting quite often, but that's because I've been working like a mad man on this map I've been making, so forgive me if I come off as a World Editor Retard.

Anyways, I want to make a custom ability, rather similar to Breath of Fire from the Pandaren Brewmaster, but Shadow-based, called Shadow Breath. My question is this:

Breath of Fire burns the affected units if they are under the effects of Drunken Haze. How do I require some status effect, like Drunked Haze, so that when the unit is hit with Shadow Breath they are burned?

I don't know if I worded that right, or in a way that made sense. But yeah, how do I add the status effect for Shadow Breath to burn them?

Level 7
Have it wait a second and pick every unit and, if he has the Shadow Breath and your Shadow Mark Buff, create a dummy unit for every single unit and have it cast ignite spell or autoattack and apply a poison-like buff.

Level 2
have you tried looking at the data for Drunken haze and breath of fire? if you want to copy a default spell, the easiest way is to look at them...

I seriously don't know why I didn't think of that sooner... Thanks. Wow, I guess I still have a lot to learn... even the freaking basics sometimes go right over my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.