• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lighting in wc3 editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, I googled for quite a bit and I cant find enough information on the Day/Night light system in wc3.
What do these models exactly do each? I loaded them in the wc3 viewer and it didnt show anything!

DNCLordaeronTarget.mdx
DNCLordaeronTerrain.mdx
DNCLordaeronUnit.mdx

I wanna make it night or day or add some of my own type of nights (idk, like for example a daylight, then evening with different light and then night and then morning light)

Is that possible? I only found a single tutorial that told me to switch out some .mdx to get all darkness (which i dont understand either, why does it all go dark if i switch out a model file?)
Do these .mdx files contain some huge mapwide light source? Then which one is used by default in the editor (not ingame)? Can I change that too?

Status
Not open for further replies.