• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lifestone: The Searing Star

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Lifestone is maybe going to be a singleplayer RPG. The systems will be similar to Fable, like you will have renown from every quest and you will have the alignment to be good or evil.

Here is the story for the first act, it isn't done yet. But at least it's already quite something.

But watch out! Spoiler alert =p

Lifestone – The Searing Star (Act I)

The story of the Lifestone,

Long ago the world was created by a mighty creature without a name, he didn’t know why he was given this power. But he sure knew he was going to have some fun with it, as a mighty dictator he controlled the land behind the scenery and managed many wars and created many artifacts and legends to entertain himself. The watched many people die and sometimes even grabbed a chosen one to have some fun with like pretending he was a god but actually the creature just helped him to believe that he was.

Yes, he was a emotionless brute. He liked to play with his own creations and they’re lives. Because they offcourse didn’t mean anything to him. At the end the creature was bored, but before he wanted to leave and explore the universe a mighty evil lord (which was just human) made a ritual so he could speak to him. He asked the creature what he was planning and the creature wanted to know why he should answer his questions. The evil lord said ‘Because I have a funny new game for you’. The creature was interested and made the evil lord do his story. The lord wanted to create a Lifestone who could bring back the lives of fallen people, so there would be even more chaos and disaster because a lot of people would like to have such an artifact.

It turned out the artifact was created, the nameless creature cast it onto the earth and left. But this was not the evil lord had this planned, it was meant he could find it easily. But now he had to search for it like anybody else, at least he knew it as the only one of this earth. But he died before he found it, and to ensure the secret would not perish with him he had left a note for his servants to tell the world about the Lifestone. And so now we know, many have died before us but never found the Lifestone.

The story of a human called Arkhon,

Arkhon was a normal boy like any other, he was told stories before bedtime. Including legendary stories like the story of the Lifestone. He was most fascinated by it like anyone else and promised his father to once retrieve it. As a kid he sure did the normal stuff, like going to school and doing good and bad deeds. When he grew up as a man he was sent out to get some resources for the town, because they we’re almost depleted. But when he came back he found his village in ruin, all houses were on fire and corpses spread everywhere. Burning pyres with impaled corpses and heads on spears from children and adults. After a time of crying and grieving Arkhon told himself to go to the big city. On his way there he met some guards, got a suit from them and fought alongside them against the vicious boags (Dog-like humanoids). He asked they’re leader if they had seen who had destroyed his village or that they did it themselves but the boag lord told him that he had seen some bandits around there. After slaughtering the whole bandit camp he spoke to the bandit leader but they said to have made a pact with the Arkaghon demon clan.

It turned out that Arkhon’s village was raided by demon warriors. Now his only goal in life was to kill them and have his revenge. But wait, he remembered the story of the Lifestone; he could bring everyone back with it! So that would be his secondary goal in life, after he would kill his enemies. Now only to make those things happen he would need help from certain people, so he joined a warrior guild and met Nygan an elven warrior. To be able to reach the demons Arkhon’s goal was clear; he should reach the desolated lands of Graveland where the undead roam. But to get here he would need to go true the caves of the Gnork (Pig-like humanoids). But when he finally got to the end of the cave he discovered the way was shut with giant rocks. The sage of the warriors guild told him that the Hammer of Tone would be able to smash those rocks to bits easily.
The Hammer of Tone was an artifact hidden deep within the Temple who stood on the eastern beach. Nobody ever entered because once when war raged a whole army of pirates got stuck in there and they never got out. People believe they’ve mutated into demonic fish-like creatures. And that they’re leader controls the legendary Hydra, the monster of the sea. Everything the stories told about was true, Nygan and Arkhon battled various mutated pirates to finally beat the pirate leader and even the mighty Hydra! But there seemed also to be another artifact within the Temple and it was known as ‘The Searing Star’, a wand who wielded be power to destroy the Lifestone. Nygan was after this artifact and so Arkhon took the Hammer of Tone and Nygan took the wand.

After smashing the rocks to bits with the hammer Arkhon entered the Deadlands and after that he entered Graveland. [To Be Contineud]

I haven’t been able to write the story further.

And yes, if its all going to be completed then 'The Searing Star' will be Act I. And there will be another Act II and the end will be Act III

Level 9
Shall we comment it? Ok

I think that your story is quite "basic". I mean, it cointains some clichès which I don't like. For example, the "dead evil lord", the "promise to the dead father", or the "normal boy like any other" who wants vengeance because the demons killed his family and devasted his village. You can read the same thing on the storyboard of every single fantasy game.

Anyway, the rest is fine. I like the nameless godlike creature who plays with the world, and the Gnorks (a beautiful name, perfect for stupid primitive creatures, I used it for an alien barbarian race, in a map). I like the mutant pirates, too, very original!

But always remember to think about the gameplay rather than the storyboard. A good gameplay is what people want (as a recent poll shows).

Level 12
I like the Intro alot....
-World created and managed by a Pitiless Brute
-Evil Lord gives him an entertaining idea
-Pitiless Brute Makes it for kicks

Horizontall makes a great point about cliches though....

I mean... If evil dudes killed my family....
A Normal person wouldn't go off and try to kill their enemies
-An Expert Swordsman might
-An Overly Confident Idiot might
-An Angry Person Might

Yeah... Sounds more like he was trained from birth to become a great warrior... If he's able to take out an entire Bandit Camp....
-Cuz I don't think Stories or Good/bad deeds would help a person become a warrior.... They got to train... or fight alot.... or Shadow Box for fun....

Right off the bat though.... Your basically telling your audience this Story is going to be a VERY interesting one... one where instinct and humans inability to work with eachother will be shown... Where everyone thinks that what they do is more important then everyone else.... and aren't willing to comprimise.... Or try to talk....

I'd stay instead of Our hero looking for Allys (because he knows that there are so many enemies that his allies might get killed) He goes off in search of Power from Magicians
-And He brings a freind from a neighboring town for the journey

Then afterwards... He would recruit Men and Teach them the magic he learned or the books he has....

I say....
-The game plays out like this... (cuz I think it goes along with your awesome intro)

You only get 1 free chance to get help from each magician
-After that you need money
--TO get money you'll have to do evil things...
---But you justify it by telling yourself you will just bring everyone back from the dead with the lifestone

Or you can Overthrow the Government and run it yourself if you get skilled enough to kill off a hundred troops

Each Magician will have you do something difficult
-Timing-Hit the Pendulum when it hits the bottom (Longer Range/faster acceleration you must pay attention to)
-Reaction time-Simon Says (if simon does a second order before you complete the first one you lose) (The orders come out with less wait time)
-Speed-Go through an obstacle course with Blink and sprint abilities-Less time to complete it

Setting Up Life Support
Searching For Power
Attacking your enemies

These are just my thoughts...
-I really liked that intro though...
--Not as much everything else...

Level 27
Ok the begin is cliche i admit. But the rest is not, it has very original gameplay although its almost entirely based around how you play fable but its now just for War3. and i believe that hasn't been done before yet.

And this game is mostly about the feeling of having a character that is developed into evil or good and becomes stronger and stronger with every quest you do. You experience the whole from villager to hero thing. If that hero is good or evil is decided almost in the end of the game.

After that you will go true Act II and III and it will influence whatever you chose to be good or evil.

Level 12
Ok the begin is cliche i admit. But the rest is not, it has very original gameplay although its almost entirely based around how you play fable but its now just for War3. and i believe that hasn't been done before yet.

And this game is mostly about the feeling of having a character that is developed into evil or good and becomes stronger and stronger with every quest you do. You experience the whole from villager to hero thing. If that hero is good or evil is decided almost in the end of the game.

After that you will go true Act II and III and it will influence whatever you chose to be good or evil.

Whats the combat system like?
Is it going to be like normal Warcraft?

Level 27
Its not going to be like you have 200 hp and have 19-32 attack damage and your enemies have like 75 hitpoints.

Its more going to be like you have 25 hitpoints and 1-1 damage and your enemies have 4 hitpoints and 2-2 damage and come in groups.

You will like kill normal enemies with 4 hits and to defeat stronger ones you will have to use spells and potions sometimes. One hint to survive is to buy lots of potions. Everytime you defeat an enemy it will drop an orb, these orbs are the lumber resources (renamed offcourse but i don't have a name yet).After you defeat each enemy you will have an amount of lumber and with this lumber you can buy certain new moves depending on if you're a mage or a warrior (thats right only two classes but you can specialize in anything).

When you level you will have things like renown reward and special abilities, in the end this will also mean you will have the quest to receive the mount ability. And then you will be able to mount onto a horse.

Oh ye, and per level you will also unlock weapons. Like you want to buy a sword at a merchant but you first require level 3 to get it. Then you will have to level up to level 3 and then the only thing left for you is to have the gold to afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.