• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Life regeneration aura art change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hey guys,
Is it possible to change the fountain of life's healing effect art? It doesn't seem to show up anywhere on the ability or as a buff anywhere. I'm trying to make a defiled fountain of life that heals Undead units with the tranquility effect to keep with its green theme. I never noticed before that it doesn't seem to be editable.

Level 29
Seems you have to overwrite the effect those are using by default in order to change it. Maybe should create an neutral unholy aura with tranquility effect and give it to defiled fountain.

EDIT: I mean, when i had overwritten Priest Heal's effect with an imported FirstAid effect, Healing Fountain was also using it.

Last edited:
Level 12
Wait, how does the Fountain of Health work then? Just healing? I noticed that it doesn't heal Phoenixes, who have negative health regeneration. So maybe it also works by percentages. I'll have to play around with it.

Level 25
Maybe the health regeneration is weaker than health degeneration.

Some abilities actually do use buffs, although they have nothing set up in object editor. I think the life regen aura is one of them. Put custom buff in the buff field in OE and see what happens.

Level 13
Pheonixes probably can't be targeted by fountains as they are spell immune, on the case of strange buffs Pheonix Fire is an odd one. It can be changed but you can't add a different one to the actual ability.

On the note of actually making a life regen aura, you could probably trigger it?

Level 25
Can you please provide an example? I've seen abilities do weird things if their default number of buffs is not followed.
Example of what? An ability using custom buff? Just put Mana Regeneration buff into the field for Life Regeneration Aura and you will see that it does use different effect (different color).
In case of similarities, the buff used by Life Regeneration Aura (if any) is very (if not completely) similar to Healing Ward Aura. dunno if it's one and the same.

On the case of buffs acting weird. Don't forget that buffs do as well have their own ID, like abilities do... even if you change name, icon, etc. of the copied buff, it still has it's basic name (id?) same.
I actually made tests some time ago to see how it behaves.
I made AbilityA with two levels, each had buff of different origin (based off different buff). Then I made also AbilityB (based off different ability than AbilityA) with two levels as well, with one of the buffs same as AbilityA has and one completely different.
I did get weird results, but it was all due to what buffs I used iirc

Level 3
Phoenix are hardcoded to not be healed by Life Regeneration Aura (Neutral)
That aura uses %. Doesn't unholy aura have a % flag? Why you cant use it?

Phoenix are hardcoded to not be healed by Life Regeneration Aura (Neutral)
That aura uses %. Doesn't unholy aura have a % flag? Why you cant use it?

actually Phoenix has two abilities: Resistant Skin and Spell Immunity. It may be the reason why health regeneration doesn't affect him. The other thing is that Phoenix unit has a negative health regeneration value-

Hit Points Maximum Health: 1250.
Hit Points Regeneration Rate: -25.
Hit Points Regeneration Type: Always.

Hit Points Regeneration Rate will override the fountain of health aura regeneration.

+1.00% != -25 / S = +0.00%, -24

Level 3
Phoenix still die nearby fountains

MI units restore hp/mana via auras, test it with golems in that 12 players map of RoC in the center of the map

Resistant Skin has no effect on it.

Hardcoded behavior.

Level 25
Phoenix still die nearby fountains

MI units restore hp/mana via auras, test it with golems in that 12 players map of RoC in the center of the map

Resistant Skin has no effect on it.

Hardcoded behavior.
Please get your facts correct before you post. It's the negative regeneration that stops them from being healed.

I tried it in my map, putting down peasants, footmen and knights all with negative health regeneration. None of them were healed, so no it's not hardcoded just for the phoenix. Try it yourself, put positive health regeneration on the phoenix and it will heal.

However, while the fountain of life did no healing at all, the Death Knight Unholy Aura did slow down the negative regeneration.

Level 25
Yeah. It actually seems that the Life Regeneration Aura is hardcoded to not heal units with negative health regen - not a specific unit, but the ability.

Spell Immunity does not prevent Life Regen Aura from affecting your units (you can test it yourself, also Blood Elf Spellbreakers would sue blizzard otherwise).

Status
Not open for further replies.