• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

"lie down"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 6
how can i make a unit "lie down"? i once heard something about some angle the unit stands at and i want to change that.

Level 6
ah i found it again!

but i cant type in a negative number for the pitch angel ( am i right that in the object editor its that above the model?) but anyway it doesnt make any difference from 0 to 180. i also ticked the negative real values possible box in the preferences.

Level 8
ah i found it again!

but i cant type in a negative number for the pitch angel ( am i right that in the object editor its that above the model?) but anyway it doesnt make any difference from 0 to 180. i also ticked the negative real values possible box in the preferences.

I think you have to hold shift when clicking on it or something.

Level 6
as i said before i allowed negative values.

and using the death animations would quite do what i want. most death animations contain a sound and there are not a lot where a unit just falls.

Level 6
well angles are in 360 right? So theoretically:

| = x degrees

- = x + 90 degrees

| (upside down) = x + 180 degrees

- (other side) = x + 270 degrees

Ignore this if it makes no sense. :p

i know about this. my problem isnt that i cant figured out which angles i need the problem is that, no matter which angle i take, nothing happens.

Level 6
If the Death animation is played, and when the unit starts to attack/move, it will play walk animation
The idea is to get the unit forever lie (well, until re-activate the skill)

exactly and isnt there anyone who can tell me how to do this?
i mean, it does work actually. units can be turned into any direction.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
hmm, you want a unit to "croach" or something like that? If you are making some sort of cinematics, and a guy needs to lie down on a bed or something then death animation fits, if not, then I can't help you soz =P

Level 6
as i already said a couple of times it doesnt work. if i press shift i cant enter anything at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.