• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Lich King

Status
Not open for further replies.
f9iiqq.gif

Last edited:
Can I see that one from the side?

2ut3xnd.gif

Soon done, eh?

Son, I am proud.
Btw did you ever upload gif about the stand ready animation?

Browse somewhere back. There are multiple versions. The one which is the most steady is the final one.

Scratch that, I never uploaded the final version.

Level 4
If it is of any importance to you mr Kwaliti, next wednesday there is likely to be a new cutscene released depicting the lich kings final battle and death.

Incase your creative juices were wondering ;o.

creative juices

Sounds tasty. I don't think the death needs to be too climactic... It would get annoying if every time he died he would go through a lengthly series of dramatic poses.

Edit: However, some form of an alternate death animation that doesn't play regularly could be cool for the sake of cinematics.

Last edited:
Level 10
Helmet as attachment model for Villager Male please,

and he looks and moves great, I think his feet could extend a little more and the animations appear slightly... stiff, kind of like lego people, but I guess that's just how warcraft3 rolls.

Helmet as attachment model for Villager Male please,

I'll do it... eventually.

and he looks and moves great, I think his feet could extend a little more and the animations appear slightly... stiff, kind of like lego people, but I guess that's just how warcraft3 rolls.

Meh, it's Milkshape. One more day of animating that model and I would've killed myself.

On a side note, everything is set up on the main model. Only the portrait remains to be made.

Level 4
Forgive my ignorance, but do portraits generally take a long time to do? Just curious ;o.

Level 2
I know I'm only a nub here but way to go mate, awesome model!
Just to bad he doesn't seem to use the right animations. e.g. he uses omnicast all the time.
Is there a way I can fix that?

I know I'm only a nub here but way to go mate, awesome model!
Just to bad he doesn't seem to use the right animations. e.g. he uses omnicast all the time.
Is there a way I can fix that?

That's all the object editor work. To use spell throw, you must add 'throw' as a required animation name to that spell. For walking and running, you have to experiment with 'Art - Animation - Run Speed' and 'Art - Animation - Walk Speed' as you like. The only thing that's required is for Run speed to have a higher value than Walk speed. If you do it properly, normally the model will run, but if the unit's movement speed drops due to, e.g. Slow, the model will switch to walk animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.