• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

LFG. can you help me finish a map. It's a survival hero defense, with dwarf theme and models from HIVE, Trigger help especially

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
LFG. can you help me finish a map. It's a survival hero defense, with other fun mechanics. It has a dwarf theme and models from HIVE.

Trigger help especially needed.

Map terrain, doodads are finished, models imported, skeleton triggers.

Need help finishing triggers, adding cool boss/dungeon encounters.

Looking for ppl with custom hero abilities, custom item and trigger experience especially.

Level 1
Here it is. Take a look and see if you're interested.

I'm taking heavy inspiration from the game "Racoon City" on old StarCraft Brood War, and similar zombie wave survival games.

Each player picks a dwarf hero, then spawns in a lane. 6 lanes, which converge at chokepoints.
So over time players are forced to work together to hold off waves. Also, between waves players have a chance to explore the ma and look for kidnapped dwarves in cages, which are rescuable and upgradeable into troops.

I was thinking of making each hero have some custom abilities to buff or control nearby allied units. Like "shield wall" makes all shield dwarfs present run to a point , use "defend" and get buffed armor (and just whatever other cool custom abilities).

As well, as players explore the map, I made several semi-hidden mini-dungeons, where bosses are, and could drop rewards/triggered quests that if failed spawn more enemies. I was planning on making a few different enemy types, ice trolls, undead (current triggers spawn these) and more. On start triggers pick one of them and starts to spawn them. So enemy type is variable each game.

But...I'm new to triggers, so I'm having a LOT of trouble hosting it to test it online, (it shows up as only 1 player in lobby), and other trigger issues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.