• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

LF: Writer for Gaias Retaliation ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Hello there!
I'm currently looking for a skilled writer to write quest texts and NPC dialogue for Gaias Retaliation.

Requirements:
- native english speaker (british or american english)
- a basic understanding and the skill to write common english "fantasy" accents, like irish, scottish, canadian, etc.
- enough creativity to create interesting and unique plots for (given) questlines
- you should have played the map at least once

What I can offer:
- your texts and dialogues will be used for the newly created endgame content
- credits will be given
- your texts and dialogues will eventually (possibly already in the initial release) be fully voice-acted in the extension pack
- the opportunity to influence the content creation of the game; you have a cool idea? I'll see what I can do!

Level 2
I'd like to give it a try:

Npc - Smilov the Woodsman
"Get lost, I ain't need help! Or actually... But eh, I dun think ya are strong enough. Ya know these big bears that live in these woods? Tough fellas, I tell ye.. One almost bit off my arm, but I chopped off his head first, haha! Listen, ya look like ya'd like to earn some coin, am I right? That bastardly sonuvabitch, the biggest out 'ere, somehow swallowed my axe - and it wasn't even mine! Bring it back to me, and I'll rewarard ya with some coins. I'm a person to trust, ya know."

New quest - "Chopper Chomper"
- Slay Giant Polar Bear
- Bring back Smilov's Axe

"Oh, it's ye? Didn't expect ya to come back... I mean so fast, ya know, I knew ye would come back! But ya see, I ain't have much coins... 'Ere, take this gem. It ain't useful for me anyway. Now, just to get to that bastard from whom I borrowed this stupid Axe... Hope that fool won't want any coins from me..."

Level 12
I'd like to give it a try:

Npc - Smilov the Woodsman
"Get lost, I ain't need help! Or actually... But eh, I dun think ya are strong enough. Ya know these big bears that live in these woods? Tough fellas, I tell ye.. One almost bit off my arm, but I chopped off his head first, haha! Listen, ya look like ya'd like to earn some coin, am I right? That bastardly sonuvabitch, the biggest out 'ere, somehow swallowed my axe - and it wasn't even mine! Bring it back to me, and I'll rewarard ya with some coins. I'm a person to trust, ya know."

New quest - "Chopper Chomper"
- Slay Giant Polar Bear
- Bring back Smilov's Axe

"Oh, it's ye? Didn't expect ya to come back... I mean so fast, ya know, I knew ye would come back! But ya see, I ain't have much coins... 'Ere, take this gem. It ain't useful for me anyway. Now, just to get to that bastard from whom I borrowed this stupid Axe... Hope that fool won't want any coins from me..."

haha :D awesome .. I would love to play an RPG with quests like these. If Zwiebelchen doesn't take your help you can make some for me..ya know

Level 2
If you're still accepting admissions, I'd be glad to offer my services in writing dialogue/story for you. I do this as a hobby on my spare time so being a writer for you would be nothing new to me.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
If you're still accepting admissions, I'd be glad to offer my services in writing dialogue/story for you. I do this as a hobby on my spare time so being a writer for you would be nothing new to me.
If you are still interested, please send me a PM.

The two people who applied here didn't deliver yet, so I guess they stopped working on this.

Level 3
I can also offer my English skills to you. I want to have a hand in this map because I love it and I personally think it's the best ORPG out there. I have taken advanced English courses and have enough imagination to help you.

Level 3
Well I could show you this short essay I wrote about thinking before speaking.

Thought Before Speech

A lot of the times when we engage in a conversation with others, we find ourselves speaking without hesitating for just a second of thought, which would usually end up in someone’s disappointment. These kind of situations convey a helpful message in them, which is to take the time to think before we speak out things that are rather unwanted. There are a bunch of obvious reasons as to why we must think before we speak and these reasons are independent of the person being spoken to.

Firstly, we should think before we speak because in awkward or stressful situations we are better off with a cautious attitude rather than with a callous one, in other words we don’t want to say anything that gets on someone’s nerves or anything hurtful and harsh that would permanently damage the relationship between us and the other person. Therefore, we must keep in mind certain subjects and words that are to be restrained from being said out loud and always think of clever and safe answers. For instance, when a person arrives late to work and faces his/her boss, he/she must come up with a good and convincing excuse to get out of the situation safely like saying the alarm clock didn’t work rather than just spitting out the truth and expressing their hate for waking up early for an unworthy job.

Secondly, thinking before speaking allows us to correct ourselves and express ourselves in the correct meaning. When we speak rapidly and burst out statements of information we tend to digress from the actual message we are trying to send and come out as ambiguous rather than being clear. Moreover, lingual mistakes are made when we speak rapidly and without thought and as a result information comes out as unclear. Imagine for example a mathematics teacher speaking and explaining so much concepts and calculations without taking the time to integrate them in his mind, he would sound like a complete fool.

Finally, speech is a method of expression of thoughts and opinions of any person and each person has his own, so therefore when we want to speak out our mindset we have to be clear and consistent about it in order to maintain our character and image in front of the society, hence allowing everyone else to judge you purposefully and rightfully relative to your true thoughts and opinions. In addition to that, thinking about everything before judging it or forming an opinion about it enables us to be safe from prejudice and to be completely objective, thus leading us to a safe formation of any idea. For example, a person who gives out inconsistent opinions and thoughts on the same topic would probably be diagnosed with a psychological disease and that is not going to project a good impression to others.

To wrap it all up, thinking before speaking is key in maintaining a successful social behavior and carrying out good and clear conversations. Ignoring thought and speaking recklessly will often result in social misfortune and will lead to unwanted repercussions, ambiguity and misleading information or being unfairly misjudged. I hope people realize the importance of thinking before speaking because of these three reasons in order to avoid any tribulations that would result from a slip of the tongue.

Status
Not open for further replies.