• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

LF Tool that detects wc3 version that map was created in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Basically the title. I have backed up thousands of maps and (assumption) many may not be compatible with the changes of 1.32.9 or before. To get the best experience with some of these maps I want to play them on the correct wc3 version, the one they were created in.

I am looking for a tool that tells me exacly the wc3 version and API/Featureset of a given map file.

I tried opening a map ive found today in the wc3 editor but these versions do not make sense to me. Is there a mapping of these numbers to wc3 versions?

lM3luTo.png

(my first post in the forums, I hope this section is the best place to ask)

Level 3
Thank you GhostWolf. Given the info from this helpful thread, the map was saved from "1.24-1.28.5 (1.24.0.6372-1.28.5.7680)" :)

What does this "MapVersion" on my screenshot mean? Does this increment everytime there is a change to anything in the map?

And as a more general question: Have you observed any incompatibilities with loading older maps on newer versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.